any way to rum motor for few seconds only while connected

i need to run a motor to which is a spindle connected which will raise upto certain height and then after it will stay elevated until the motor will run.
i just want to run the motor for few seconds and should stop automatically.

is there some way to run the motor in opposite direction also to descend the spindle back to its original position by running the same motor for again few seconds as it will require only few rotations.

Replies

• Leedsunitedlad
    Leedsunitedlad
    inforaushan
    i need to run a motor to which is a spindle connected which will raise upto certain height and then after it will stay elevated until the motor will run.
    i just want to run the motor for few seconds and should stop automatically.

is there some way to run the motor in opposite direction also to descend the spindle back to its original position by running the same motor for again few seconds as it will require only few rotations.
    If i understand your question correctly then this could be achieved by a simple 555 timer. Or if you want it to achieve a certain height then limit switches could be in place to achieve it. I think a little more information would be needed.
  • inforaushan
    inforaushan
    i want to run the motor in both the directions as i have to connect it to some baffle like component and should be able to open and close and as the above stated thing ll be done in few seconds it is desired to switch off the motor to save energy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a Product Development Engineer. My education is in Mechanical Engineering ( R.I.T. 1984). Right now I work in the medical product field. I design & develop implantable orthopedic...
running a small motor connecting it to the motorcycle's battery will affect the "life of battery" and the "milege"
Here's wishing all the very best to our good friend ES!! Happy birthday dude!! 🎉
Friends i have currently enrolled myself for a project where I need a motor with the following specifications: Power: .37kW or up Speed: 1000 rpm or up Voltage: 24V-36V dc...
Google's just released a new set of artistic themes for the latest version of Google Chrome Browser 😀 I think few of the themes are really cool! Check them out...