Any suggestions to keep room cool..

Can anyone give better innovative and engineered ideas(self creatable) ideas to keep a room cool.

I am stressing on self creatable as i dont want AC even i cant afford it.

Location is Hyderabad,A terrace portion facing East.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    X-Engineer
    Can anyone give better innovative and engineered ideas(self creatable) ideas to keep a room cool.

I am stressing on self creatable as i dont want AC even i cant afford it.

Location is Hyderabad,A terrace portion facing East.
    CEan ISSUE has some ideas on a room cooler. He may be able to help you.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    Issue?? are u there???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The selection of cooling devices vary according to the place of application. For example, in Mumbai, coolers would be of no use due to humid climate. I haven't been to Hyderabad bu assuming that it is away from coastal areas, the climate is generally hot and dry.

It is great that you mentioned the location. I also want to know the dimensions of your room.

But while we design something, just an advice to you~ While you are in room just open the windows and doors and start your fan. If you keep your fan on while the room is closed, it will instead make you feel as if in an oven.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    Thanks issue for the response..

i am exactly following as the same adviced by you.

open up windows and fan on at times i am there in room.

But is it ok to start up the fan and open up the windows if i am going out.??

Anyway I am not looking for a readymade..coolers available in market...NEED TO build up something...(recycling,use of trash things ..anything)

mine is a single small room..
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    In Hyderabad It's very cool at night and very hot in the day time because it lies in a hilly terrain. Try using a cool mat since your's a very small room. It will be less expensive and simple to use or else grow some bedroom plants like snake plants,cactus etc. They will make the air refreshing. You can feel better.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Try using as minimal furniture as possible. If you've got old stuff, then try clearing them. Don't keep the fans running always, turn them off when its not hot enough (preferably evenings) and instead open the windows and let some fresh air in. The next thing is to clean the room at regular intervals. It's best if you can clear the floor with water on weekends (assuming that your floor is covered with tiles or cement). If you can, it's better to use a mat and sleep on the floor in case the weather gets too humid. You can also grow plants near to your window to keep circulating clean air. Try the typical 'money-plant', it requires less maintenance. 😁😁😁
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Paint your house's roof with cooling paints ( ask for them specifically in the shops ). They are really worth and the results can be observed quickly and also for a longer time period.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    X-Engineer
    open up windows and fan on at times i am there in room.

But is it ok to start up the fan and open up the windows if i am going out.??
    No, you will only waste electrical energy and raise your electric bills. Do it only when you are in the room. This is what I think.

By the way sorry for late reply. I have a model in mind and you will need a welder to construct it. In a regular cooler, attach the fan with its direction towards the ceiling.

Above it mount a conical plate so that the air is circulated in 360 degrees and make water flow arrangements on it to keep the wood-wool on four sides wet.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    A very interesting topic left in the past. Hope to see people use these techniques and comment more on it.

P.S.: If you see an old post and you feel there's a need for more discussion, just post a reply to that thread, and it'd automatically get pushed to the front.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    This is a childish suggestion, which we did in our summer vacations..
    We used to cover our windows with a sack and kept it wet. This gave a cooling effect to the some of the area.
    We called this as a mini and natural cooler.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok, I understand this is an old thread but my suggestion is if you are keeping your windows and doors open and staying at hyd, beware of mosquitoes! Use mesh for avoiding it first , then you can think of keeping your room cool or hot whatever πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Ironically ... this thread is bumped in winterβ˜•
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    At hyderabad the day is still hot πŸ˜€ and night is very cool.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi* Can some one help me for find a grinding software? I need a software that be able to program five axis grinding. We can't do the grinding machining with...
Looks like a fun project. In irresposible hands may cause harm if hazardous projectiles are used. Bungee Bazooka
This puzzle is from TEST funda on Diwali Chocolates. Quote: Puzzle - Diwali Chocolates Mrs. Bakshi had five daughters. For Diwali, each girl gifted boxes of chocolate to one or...
hi friends.. tell me about AWGN-additive white gaussian noise
Any body does have "LINE FOLLOWING PROJECT'S DOCUMENTATION?" if somebody have it please help me to get done with this project.πŸ˜€ thank you.