"And" Vs. "&" - Correct English Usage

I learned something new - the difference between the usage of word 'And' and the symbol '&'. I had no clue that they were different. So here's when to use 'And' and when to use '&'.

When you are connecting two nouns, you should use '&'. For example:
  • #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# are moderators at CrazyEngineers.
  • Jack & Jill went up the hill...
In all the other cases, you can safely use 'And'.

PS: 'And' can replace '&' anywhere.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is planning for its second Mars mission, Mars-2 in 2018. This new mission is likely to aim at putting a rover on the distant red...
Harley Davidson has launched three new bikes in India with - Breakout priced at Rs. 16,28,000, Street Glide Special priced at Rs 29,70,000 and CVO Limited price of Rs. 49,23,793...
With an aim to deliver 100% genuine authorized spare parts to its customers, SparesHub.com was founded by Tapas Gupta in the year 2013. Spares Hub is based in Pune. It...
I'm curious to know what mileage does Maruti Alto K10 with Automatic transmission offers? The company claims that the car will offer a cool ~24 kmpl; but the actual is...
Hello I am currently working as a tester in a good product company, but the fact that I do not have a degree from a Tier-1 college(Frankly, I could not...