Ancient India was more Technologically advanced than the West!

Guys check out this video... ๐Ÿ˜€

[video=facebook;226959327325678]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=226959327325678[/video]

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i had one lesson in school where they said most of the concepts like the lens to view long distant objects and many more( can't remember them now) were found by Indians long before they were found by the west! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i had one lesson in school where they said most of the concepts like the lens to view long distant objects and many more( can't remember them now) were found by Indians long before they were found by the west! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Nice... ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for an interesting input CP! ๐Ÿ˜
    Try to post more of this kind of topics here... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silk smita
    silk smita
    Yes i too agree with this fact.Many of our archaeological monuments,you can take example of Taj mahal also.these were built with allot of perfection and are still having its charm.Even buildings or things built in well developed countries like China,New York are "modern and new" but they do not match with Indian ancient.
    Rightly said... So, we had the great resources and dedication during ancient times. What happened now suddenly? That's the question now... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • sanket1729
    sanket1729
    By Ancient India I will assume the debate is going on about the period 1000BC - 1000 AD roughly. Well, I don't think Indian civilization was more advanced or less advanced than other great civilizations of that time. If you compare Greek thought and Indian thought during the time of Upanishads and Plato , you will see striking similarities. Now we can become all jingoist and suggest that stuff like the Pythagoras theorem was first discovered by us and that the Greeks simply copied us. But it is safer to assume that since trade lines were very much open between India and Greece there were also a fair amount of exchange of ideas.

Like I said , The upanishad philosophies are very much similar to Plato's dialogues. Both postulated the existence of some transcendent reality. And laid emphasis on using the mind as a way to realise that reality. I consider Socrates to be as great a philosopher as the authors of the Upanishads.

Also texts suggest that Indians had hit across Pythagoras theorem by trial and error, but so had the Egyptians. But the Greeks had developed a means of proving it axiomatically.

Later on the Indians deserve credit for incorporating the number zero in the number system. This was learned by the Arabs from us and they took this new number system to Europe , who developed much more advanced forms of algebra using it.

Again , Bhaskaracharya-2 developed calculus and so did Newton independently.
    And so on...

So it is safe to say that Indians were at par with the Europeans till about 1200 AD. And there is nothing till this point to suggest that we were advanced or inferior to western thought.But the sad story is that Indian thought more or less stagnated from this point onwards and the Europeans by contrast had the renaissance. This made all the difference that we see today.

Any claims that we had invented nukes but destroyed them for safety purposes are exaggerations. So are the claims that all of western thought is copied from India.If we start believing in such theories we are digging a pit for ourselves. For it can very well be argued that if we were so advanced how come we were so naive to lose it all.

A realistic view of history is that civilizations rise and fall. No civilization is perfect.
    Ancient India with all it's glories also had the execrable caste system, so it was by no means perfect(but it is worth noting that Greek society and Roman society also had an equivalently disgusting form of slavery. Point is the ancients weren't exposed to liberal ideas such as equality as the moderns. That some of the moderns are only as liberal as the ancients is another issue)

But there is no point in being nostalgic about the past . We need to think about the future and see how we can bring back the lost glory.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    We should be better today than yesterday, and keep on improving so that we surpass the best tomorrow.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    ka Ta Pa Ya Di sankhya. We still have mysteries to unravel...๐Ÿ‘
    And Ishu, you are the one to enlighten about us regarding the rust proof iron fact... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    praveenscience
    And Ishu, you are the one to enlighten about us regarding the rust proof iron fact... ๐Ÿ˜€
    I did? I do not remember. ๐Ÿ˜
    No I said you have to enlighten us... You haven't done before... ๐Ÿ˜
  • WallOfShame
    WallOfShame
    Praveen-Kumar
    Guys check out this video... ๐Ÿ˜€

[video=facebook;226959327325678]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=226959327325678[/video]
    who's the person speaking in this video?
  • oksbwn
    oksbwn
    Ya right but indian civilization was based on adhyatmik knowledge ..and westerns are one physical...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is the diagram of my circuit Uploaded with ImageShack.us Circuit Operation J1 is normally closed unless used for Reset J1 J2 and J3 are Switches Faster Finger Circuit Operation:...
Hi, I want to design a SERIES planetary gear box with input power 45 KW, input speed 2800 rpm. The main problem is maximum outer dia which is only 105...
Every mobile device ships with a headset today. However, the headsets that come along with the mobiles may not suit all purpose. I typically like to use a bigger headphone...
Hello friends, I am Btech fresher from Information tech (UPTU, lucknow). I wanted to make my career in Computer networking field. Presently I do't have any certification. Now I wanted...
Hello Everybody.I have done graduation.Presently I am working as a professional resume writer.I am expertise in writing resume.