analog and digital computers

what is the difference between an analog and digital computers??
i've searched all over the google but I need more information..Help...

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    yuuki
    what is the difference between an analog and digital computers??
    i've searched all over the google but I need more information..Help...
    An analog computer basically performs its calculations based on the input current, voltages, phase differences etc. and these calculations are not correct always. There may be some deflection from the true value or there may be some deflection in the value you are expecting. Like, let us assume that we buy a water bottle of quantity 2 liters, then there is a possibility that the quantity is 1.2 liters or 9.9 (but not exact)

Whereas, the digital computers are more precise, which performs calculations based on the input binary data. And, we get an exact value. Of course, the logical connections must be correct for that.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Analog computers are seldom common they use inputs which differ with time to process data. This makes it very hard for processing and so it became very unpopular.

Digital computers use data in the form of 0 and 1 to process. Here an additional ADC circuit is used to convert the analog data into digital data and then process it. This is easier for real world applications as input possibilities are only to 0 or 1. That makes your design of processor simple

Hope I did not confuse you too much
  • yuuki
    yuuki
    thank you sir's for the info..it helps a lot n_n hope you can help me again in the future
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yuuki
    thank you sir's for the info..it helps a lot n_n hope you can help me again in the future
    No one wonders mate all are here to help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering if turning a bicycle into a two wheel drive locomotive will offer any mechanical advantage to the system. I just wrote about Tretta AWD bicycles that have the...
We've had successful threads for one-liners. How about posting 100% original creations of your brain? Who knows, you might just turn into a legend and will get quoted by the...
The startup accelerators and incubators have been mushrooming all over the world with an aim to provide startups with the basics they need to survive and grow. I've been searching...
IIM Indore - has expelled three students caught consuming drugs and will not allow them to seek admission in any IIM for the next two years. Now considering that the...
how to convert dc to ac sine wave for high power values.what is the circuit used in inverters?