An Unusual Venusian Oval

venusoval_zubenel_960

Explanation: Why would Venus appear oval? APOD: 2010 October 20 - Venus Just After Sunset has been seen countless times from the surface of the Earth, and every time the Atmosphere Of Earth has dispersed its light to some degree. When the air has just the right amount of dust or water droplets, small but distant objects like Venus appear spread out into an angularly large aureole. Aureoles are not unusual to see and are frequently noted as circular #-Link-Snipped-# around the APOD: 2010 February 8 - A Sun Halo Over Cambodia or APOD: 2008 December 7 - A Halo Around the Moon. Recently, however, aureoles have been imaged that are not circular but distinctly #-Link-Snipped-#. The above oval Venusian aureole was imaged by the #-Link-Snipped-# who first noted the unusual phenomenon three years ago. Initially disputed, the #-Link-Snipped-# has now been #-Link-Snipped-# by several different astrophotographers. What causes the ellipticity is #-Link-Snipped-#, and although several #-Link-Snipped-# that horizontally oriented #-Link-Snipped-#, significant #-Link-Snipped-# about it are still taking place.

APOD: 2012 February 13 - An Unusual Venusian Oval

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apparently the stripes tell tse tse flies to keep off the zebra! https://www.npr.org/2012/02/11/146737329/the-zebras-stripes-a-personal-no-fly-zone?ft=1&f=1007
CAn anyone tell me some useful sites related to aviation.........
A cursory search for the keywords 'The Food Thread' on this forum didn't reveal anything similar , hence starting this. Well this thread takes inspiration from the LOL Thread ,...
Guys I felt the paper very easy.I think it was easy then last year also.May be the cut off of this year will me 31 marks. I am getting 45...
We design and develop everything you think of as a machine - from supersonic fighter jets to bicycles to toasters. And We are praised as Mechanical Engineers ! ! !...