Amazon Web Serices: Startup Challenge 2010

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

What is the AWS Start-up Challenge?

The AWS Start-up Challenge is an annual competition designed for young, promising start-ups to get noticed and compete for a chance to win $100,000 in cash and credits. Start-ups that are using the AWS cloud computing platform can submit an application which describes their business plan and their use of AWS. Why is AWS running this contest?

Since starting Amazon Web Services in 2006, we have always been excited to help new businesses succeed using our reliable, scalable cloud computing infrastructure. The AWS Start-up Challenge is a way for start-ups worldwide to showcase their businesses powered by AWS, gain exposure, and compete for prizes. Which start-ups can enter?

The contest is open to start-ups located in the #-Link-Snipped-# that are currently using or are in the process of using Amazon Web Services. Entrepreneurs or privately held businesses are invited to apply that have not generated more than $5 million USD in gross annual revenues or outside funding. Detailed contest rules will be posted shortly. How will AWS determine the winner?

We are looking for start-ups that can grow into significant, meaningful businesses that leverage AWS for their infrastructure. Specifically, we will evaluate applications on the following criteria:
  • implementation and integration of Amazon Web Services;

• originality and creativity of the business;

• likelihood of long-term success and scalability; and

• effectiveness in addressing a need in the marketplace.
What can my start-up win?

All eligible participants receive $25 AWS credits!
1 global winner will receive:
  • $50,000 in cash
  • $50,000 in AWS credits
  • Mentoring sessions from AWS technical experts
  • AWS Premium Support Gold for one year
  • Inclusion in press release and media coverage
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

we know the proverb known is a drop and unknown is an ocean. and change it slightly which is best suited for mathematics known applications are finite and unknown applications...
hey.. hii.. i am a student of b.tech finl yr from electronics and comm. can you suggest some good ideas for minor and major projects.
i am working the on project of the clinic Software in C#.net. i have one problem in it. that is when have completed the design part of the software, and...
what are pre requisites topics to study pattern recognition course... plz reply... thanx
We are doing project on Automated Bus Enquiry System. We need help in database designing and coding in java. Which is the best to do database design either oracle or...