Amazon UK E-Book Sales Outnumber 'Book' Sales! Welcome To The Future!

So it's happened. Amazon UK is reportedly selling more number of ebooks than the regular books. Thanks to Kindle ebook reader for accelerating the adoption of ebooks over the traditional books.

I expect that in near future, the newspapers will be replaced by online blogs and online versions of the newspapers. The stats show that for every 100 books that Amazon UK sold, it sold 114 ebooks. Also the Kindle owners now buy 4x more books than they bought before they owned Kindle.

Do you think it's time to end the press?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am old fashioned. Printed word for me.
    It will happen though. Already interactive news papers are 'on the stand'. A whole library can be in the palm of the hand. One can manipulate the display to suit one's convenience.With an app for Google Goggles probably the need for a tablet or other hardware reader will also drop by the wayside.
    Who knows? With an implanted chip, the book can be directly assimilated by the brain.
    What about all the nonsense that is written? That, is another story.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Don't be sad that you didn't get a chance to be a part of the talented engineering team at NASA to put the Curiosity Mars rover on the red planet....
The After Focus app will add DSLR like capabilities to your phone. The app lets you create blurred background effect by simply selecting the focus area. It also offers various...
Samsung will launch the much awaited 'quad-core' tablet all over the world in this month. The tablet will be one of the select ones to come with a stylus. I...
hey friends..., it is almost one month i started reading Mobile Communications but, i don't have a clear idea on this subject. Please help me...
Wikipedia is now down and the webiste seems to be facing a ton of server issues at the moment. We broke out the news via VoiCE: https://www.crazyengineers.com/wikipedia-is-down-for-us-what-about-you-2532/ Do tell us...