Amazon.in Android App Download Available - Now Shop From Smartphone In India

Amazon.in - the Indian online store for Amazon has launched a new Android app to browse through its online catalogue and buy stuff from Amazon right through your smartphone. Everyone and everything is going mobile and therefore the Amazon Mobile app has got the necessary features like searching, browsing, comparing offers, reading reviews and making purchases using the official website Amazon.in. But, that's not all. Amazon is also offering access to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and other Amazon international stores.

The Amazon app lists the full selection of products available on Amazon.in, including books, movies, mobiles, electronics, toys, baby, personal care appliances, health care devices, watches, fashion jewellery, home & kitchen products and more. Another interesting feature is the ability for users to scan a barcode or type a product name to instantly check availability and pricing for that item through the Amazon Mobile app. "We are excited to further enhance the customer shopping experience," said Amit Agarwal, Vice President and Country Manager, Amazon India. "Customers in India can now use the Amazon App to conveniently shop with confidence from anywhere, all while enjoying the Amazon shopping experience, right from their Android Phones."

amazon-app-android

As with the website, customers ordering products that are Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) can enjoy additional benefits of Free Delivery with no minimum value, Cash on Delivery (COD), delivery tracking to the doorstep, and free returns pickup. The Amazon Mobile app also allows users to track the status of their orders. New customers can also sign up for an account using it. The Amazon App for Android can be downloaded and installed on any Android phone for free through the Google Play Store as well as through the Amazon Appstore. The company says it also plans to introduce the store catalogue on Amazon iOS app too!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Much impressive and features like bar code reader and order tracking features makes it more competitive to flipkart android app.Now the real game starts.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Even though I prefer doing my online shopping from moi desktop, I recently tried purchasing a smartphone case from this app. I believe they have done a great job with the app. Really smooth experience. The UI isn't quite attractive, but then I like it plain and simple. Anyone else here using the Amazon.in app?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been using both the apps and found out that the flipkart app's way better than Amazon's. Looks like we can have a separate discussion on this topic.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Even though thousands of people use apps of the e-commerce portals, there is a large audience out there who prefers using the big screens aka desktops/laptops. I seriously don't know why Myntra or Flipkart would decide to go app-only. I guess it is only okay to let go off the mobile site. That's sane. Because app brings notifications. And keeps the users hooked on to the latest sale and new store arrivals.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone here going for the Amazon's 'The Great Indian Freedom Sale'?

I love their tagline: "Discounts so great. Baaki Sab Can Wait." 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Porsche India - the premium sports car brand from Volkswagen, famous for the tagline 'There is no Substitute', has launched the second generation of its four-seater sports car Panamera at...
The solar walkway developed by talented engineers at the George Washington University is capable of generating electricity from solar power right under your feet. The 'solar road', as we'd like...
Apple's done it again - and it's nothing new! Apple's hiked the prices of most of the products in India and this thread is specifically dedicated to people who're planning...
Sistema JSFC, the Indian telecommunications arm of the Russian conglomerate, has received additional spectrum of 1.25 MHz from the Government of India. Therefore we can expect the company will soon...
After the news on the release of Amazon’s android app, I had downloaded it from android app market and here is my review on its usage: Starting from its app...