Alternate of GSM modem

hi folks ,
i m working on a project in which i m taking input from a sensor to the uc 89c51 using external interupt ! on interput generation i wanted to send a sms using the gsm modem but the constraint is tht i m not aware of using GSM modem plus its expensive, can i use a simens mobile instead of it ? if yes then how ? i guess some At command works wid it i really dunt know how to use this command neither know how it woks :\
please reply

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This link might be useful to you - SMS Tutorial: How to Send SMS Messages from a Computer/PC Using a Mobile Phone or GSM/GPRS Modem? AT Commands

(Guess, I'm not the right person to help here [​IMG] )

-The Big K-
  • sniper
    sniper
    Thank You Big K .. I have done with it but i have more things to discuss 😀
  • thin_master
    thin_master
    Only a few mobiles support AT commands that you will need to send SMS. Some of the older mobiles have serial access to the GSM modem inside. But newer mobiles restrict access.

You may use the DUN profile in most of the bluetooth enabled mobile phones and Send SMS.
  • thin_master
    thin_master
    Only a few mobiles support AT commands that you will need to send SMS. Some of the older mobiles have serial access to the GSM modem inside. But newer mobiles restrict access.

You may use the DUN profile in most of the bluetooth enabled mobile phones and Send SMS.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans! Join me in welcoming a new feature on CE forums 😁! The Quick Reply! Its there at the bottom of page! Very easy to use! I hope you will...
CEans, To all those who want to understand how the newly introduced 'quick reply' feature works, this is the thread for you. You can try out everything in our Newbie...
wassup ...........😁
Team CEans, Lot of CEans wanted to know if we are arranging CE online conference. I guess its a nice idea since we haven't had a conference since long. Last...
CEans, Can anyone suggest a website which offers free clip art for commercial use? -The Big K-