All India Radio (AIR Aka Aakashvani) App For Android - Download Available

India's favorite, 83 year old radio station, All India Radio (AIR) aka Aakashvani has adopted the Android route and an Android app is now available for download in the Google Play store (download link below). The official app has been designed to provide you with the latest national and regional news and content on your mobile device. The app requires you to have Android 2.2 and above and is just 1.9 MB in size. The app seems to be doing extremely well on the Google Play store with an average rating of 4.7 (so far) from users.

The app launch may mark the beginning of a new era for the age old Aakashvani radio. The radio service was on the decline in the last few years with the emergence of private radio stations in India. India's News & Broadcasting minister, Manish Tiwari launched the app yesterday.

AIR-Aakashvani-Radio-Android-App

The AIR android app provides fresh news content in both text and audio forms. The audio news section delivers the popular radio news shows viz. Samachar Prabhat, Dopahar Samachar and Samachaar Sandhya etc. Of course, reach wise the app will take a while because the data connectivity isn't uniform all over India.

I'm however curious to know why'd people want to pay for data usage to listen to the content that is anyway getting delivered free of cost through radio. Almost every mobile phone can tune in to AIR. I might be wrong though. Would love to hear your thoughts on this update.

Download Link: NewsOnAir: Prasar Bharati Offi - Apps on Google Play

Replies

• id4vikas
    id4vikas
    They must be thinking it to spread across the globe using digital platform where it is not available free.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    id4vikas
    They must be thinking it to spread across the globe using digital platform where it is not available free.....
    That indeed is the idea behind making the content available through an App. The App's success in India may be limited, but all the all India radio fans outside the world would definitely love this app. I am expecting that this app will be more successful in foreign countries than it will be in India.

Curious to know how many engineers listen to All India Radio?
  • werist
    werist
    Thanks for high lighting. Most of friends search for AIR... I am sure it will have good fans soon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    werist
    Thanks for high lighting. Most of friends search for AIR... I am sure it will have good fans soon.
    Indeed. I personally was waiting for this app too. I'm however looking forward to availability of more content. The private radio stations like Mirchi, MyFM, RadioCity are all the same and I must say AIR has maintained its uniqueness.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😀 Feels good to know that the new platforms are not being neglected by old organisations. Way to go Akashvani.

Will definitely try out this app ASAP.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I will try definitely try it. I am huge fan of Vividh Bharti also. hope they will add Vividh Bharti in this app also.

If anyone wants to listen Hyderabad fm radios including AIR can listen here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    (This is not official and sometimes there are glitches in broadcast).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm however curious to know why'd people want to pay for data usage to listen to the content that is anyway getting delivered free of cost through radio. Almost every mobile phone can tune in to AIR. I might be wrong though. Would love to hear your thoughts on this update.
    A lot of good smartphones these days don't have built-in FM Radio supports. Downloading the Aakashvani app will be great for such smartphone users.

There are apps of all popular stations including:
    98.3 Radio Mirchi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    94.3 My FM
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    and such.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Government news agencies like DD news, Loksabha TV, Rajyasabha TV, and other DD news channels of state, AIR have maintained their reputation.I am a regular viewer.

If you see private news channels, they are all out on money making with no news but only time-pass.

I listen to AIR everyday, I don't have a smartphone to download the app but I tune in to the radio frequency everyday.
  • AmanSingh Ji
    AmanSingh Ji
    App Contains more than 3000+ indian fm radio channels. #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir i am finishing my 2nd year and searching for training or a part time job as suitable in jodhpur , Rajasthan as i cannot move out since my college...
Hi all, Guys so happy to join with you guys in a virtual world where everything is possible. I am a civil Engineer.. Working for a government organisation.. I am...
Which splztn has more scope in recent years????
Multitasking usually ends up in mediocrity in many tasks. Sticking to one task with full attention a la Sherlock Holmes is a much better option says Konnikova, a doctoral candidate...