All about artificial intelligence

Let us discuss about artificial intelligence here

Please share anything you know about this topic .It may include definition even

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think Artificial intelligence in its basic form is all about micro-controllers which are programmed so as to get a certain desired output . correct me if I am wrong
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    only one reply still now
    can i expect more?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Human race has a quest and thirst for knowledge since the advent of time.
    We try to find answers to all the unsolved mysteries that lie around us. One of the biggest unsolved mysteries is 'Human Intellect'
    How it works and why it works the way it works?
    Computers are the most advanced intellectual machines developed by human beings.
    Artificial intelligence (AI) deals with making a machine understand human intelligence.
    In simple words, giving the machine a brain of its own.

I think the ultimate goal of AI is to use machines to model the behavioral aspects of human reasoning and learning.
    It would be a glorious moment in the history of mankind to see a 'self-learning machine'.

What do you think?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah 😀

Upto which i have learnt about artificial intelligence ,we put some known facts and rules in system database ,based on that the machine takes the decision

I wanna know, Is the artificial intelligence only limited to this or there is anything beyond to this?

What are the advancements that have been done in artificial intelligence?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I have read so far, I have gathered some tit bits.
    Although it’s difficult for researchers to develop a form of artificial intelligence which accurately mimics the fluid movements of humans, there have been amazing developments.
    You must have seen a video posted in CE-Robotics section that has shown a Japanese robot that actually balances itself on a bicycle.
    Isn't it a wonder? We as toddlers had to learn how to pedal on a bicycle using our own sense of balance. That's what is intelligence.

The latest advancements in the field of AI are the theory on which human intelligence starts expanding. Learn by copying/mimicry of human tasks.
    Efforts are being made to make machines understand how to mimic an action.
  • divya kumari
    divya kumari
    Visit the following URL, you will get a lot of information about AI
    Artificial Intelligence
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    An interesting question that arises in AI is whether computers can be creative and spontaneous as human beings (The phrase 'Ghost in the machine' coined by Isaac Asimov).

There is an interesting paper from Pranav Mistry, inventor of sixth sense, on the same title.
    It discusses some interesting achievements in this regard, like the robot Aaron, which can draw and paint a picture, and that is NOT in regular rectangles and circles but in hand drawn lines!

The basic idea is, AI can incorporate any human behavior/intelligence which can be reduced to an algorithm. The game of chess would be the best example.
    Chess AI's today compute a finite number of moves in advance. They cannot compute the entire set of possible moves, just because it would take years in the current technology. If an AI is made which can compute the entire moves in finite time, no one will EVER beat that program.

The representation of parts of human mind as set of algorithms are going on in many areas. In many cases, it is only the complexity and the amount of information required that limits an accurate AI implementation. Researches are going on in simulating emotional phenomena like sarcasm and hypocrisy (which happens to be my seminar topic 😀 )
    As technology reaches new heights, AI's will be more human like, or we can say that human intelligence will appear to seem more machine like.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, I have a suggestion to those guys who has featured on KYCEan to put their page in their signature so that even also the thread became old and...
3D is entertaining. 3D takes user experience to newer heights. Could be the reason that every upcoming gadget with a screen is aiming to get 3D experience. But do we...
Hey Guys! I started on Java Programming yesterday(on my own), and im having a bit of trouble.. Here is the code i wrote(bear with me please, i only started yesterday):...
Hello, Can anybody tell me why Variable Compression ratio can be applied in 2 stroke engine but is facing difficulties in 4 stroke engine? In short why Variable Compression ratio...
STED is going to organize a recruitment drive for GENPACT for its bpo services in association with Career Grew on feb 6th. Job description: Designation : Process Associate / Process...