AJAX Powered Yahoo Mail Beta! Try IT!

Hi CEans!

Yahoo is still generating waiting list for Yahoo Mail Beta. But here we present a simple way to enable it yourself - try following steps:
  • Go to Options-> Account information (left pane)
  • Go to Member Information -> General Preferences -> Preferred Content
  • Select Yahoo United Kingdom
  • Click on 'Finished' button
  • Login to Yahoo Mail again
  • Now you should see 'Try Yahoo Beta' page. Click on the appropriate button.
  • Enjoy the Beta
Let me know if it works.

Yahoo is doing a great job with AJAX technology (probably trying to stop its users from switching to Gmail 😁 ) Feel free to discuss Yahoo Mail Beta here.

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Fantastic

Thanks a lot dude 😁

Yahoo mail beta is cool. Doesn't take much time to load. I have already started reading more about AJAX !

I was in the waiting list for a long time. Where did you get that crack? [​IMG]

Thanks again !
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    It is really cool ...."K" JJ😁
    in btw.. try to explain Ajex technology i guess you have worked on a project based on Ajex.....Do let me corret if i am not wrong.....and do explain some stuff too....
    😁😁--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    about AJAX!

Okay Crazyboy, you caught me.

I'll write the basics of AJAX so that it makes sense to everyone πŸ˜‰

AJAX is a short for "Asynchronous JavaScript And XML". Its a web development technique used mainly for interactive web applications. AJAX makes web site more interactive, fast, reliable and reduce server load.

Here's how it happens. Typically, if you are working on a component of webpage, say filling up a form and submitting the information, the whole web page needs to be refreshed after data submission. This loads the server unnecessarily. But with AJAX, only the component you are working on can communicate & interact with the server to exchange data in small packets.

This typically reduces the server load. If you want to feel ajax, you can do so on our CE forum 😁 . When you post something and then want to edit it, just click on 'edit' button. a small window opens up! that's AJAX in action! Edit and save the changes! Note that the whole page does not get refreshed.

Give it a try ! 😁

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    If you want to feel ajax, you can do so on our CE forum 😁 . When you post something and then want to edit it, just click on 'edit' button. a small window opens up! that's AJAX in action! Edit and save the changes! Note that the whole page does not get refreshed.

Give it a try ! 😁

-The Big K-

just a question ...??/
    IS forum Based on AJAX fully...i dont think so...
    because what i know that ....or observed that, "the page does refreshed only in case we Edit a post..." except that it doesn't
    Can you pour some more light on that...
    Or can you give som esite ....based on Ajax only...

Its a damn good technology.....in which on screen
    --a web page....is devided in frames and Panes and that panes and frames refreshed only inspite of the whole page....
    good conecpt.

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    throwing light

Well, our CE forum is not completely AJAX powered. You can see AJAX in action when you click on 'edit' button to edit the post. When you make the changes, and click 'save' button, the page does not get refreshed but the changes are saved to the post.

Gmail is an excellent example of AJAX. Yahoo Mail Beta is AJAX powered. Zimbra ( Secure Private Business Email & Collaboration | Open Source | Zimbra ) has come up with AJAX based mailing system. Well, if you want you can go to #-Link-Snipped-# and comment in the 'shoutbox'. The comment appears in the shoutbox without refreshing the page. πŸ˜‰

AJAX is cool & the 'in' thing these days. Do we have anyone who can give us more detail?

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any new experiences with the Yahoo Mail Beta?

I guess people are really happy with their Gmail accounts. Btw, did you try out the calendar & 'pictures' feature of gmail? Its cool.

I think its high time that Yahoo integrates Yahoo Messenger with Yahoo mail accounts. Say what?

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Any new experiences with the Yahoo Mail Beta?

I guess people are really happy with their Gmail accounts. Btw, did you try out the calendar & 'pictures' feature of gmail? Its cool.

I think its high time that Yahoo integrates Yahoo Messenger with Yahoo mail accounts. Say what?

-The Big K-
    Great Idea...
    😁

--Crazy
  • Neha
    Neha
    i went thru the procedure described above for Yahoo!!Beta...but couldn't find the page..help me out!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    which page are you talking about? You should see the AJAX enabled Yahoo Mail beta once logged in.

I heard its now working for India too*

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    Sorry..i didn't read about AJAX earlier.I got it now.
    Thanx!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's Good. Now do post your experiences with the AJAX enabled Yahoo Mail. πŸ˜€

Do you think it will take over Gmail ?
  • rick
    rick
    I've been using yahoo beta for quite some time and I am really happy with it. I bet my dollar to YMB. Gmail gets a point for keeping it clean and simple but you should see the YMB interface. Nice work with colors.

Calendar needs to be ajax enabled too. I'm waiting for it.
  • aashima
    aashima
    superb...

i just entered the beta version..its actually rocking i must say... the entire scenerio of surfing a going thru yahoo has changed... its cool...it really is
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I am still sticking with GMail. YMB is AJAX powered and all that, but what about Spam filtering ??

GMail is intelligent enough to remove all the spam from your inbox. With YMB I am spammed atleast 3-4 spams per day and to delete it I have to select it and delete them. On selecting, I have to open a spam mail :-(. Is there an alternative to this?
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi CEans,
    I still go for Gmail. I have been using Yahoo beta mail from two months.Since then I have a question in my mind. What is the difference between Rediff mail and Yahoo Beta mail (both look similar)?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Im still sticking to Gmail! Its really fast and easy access, takes about 5 seconds from opening the Firefox browserπŸ˜€

And on top of the speed, its got these cool filtering functions. And the calender and spreadsheet is helpful too. In Yahoo and MSN these might be available but I prefer gmail because mainly of its easy access!

Rock on!!😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi crazy people i need ur advice .. im going to complete my first yr engg e&c n wat r the better option to go for in summar vacation ..will...
Hi All! Unfortunately, we couldn't have much activity on Quant Section. Some suggested that we start question-answer session on the quant section so that the section gets a kick. Do...
I just emailed all of my batchmates and asked them to join crazyengineers. . . . . . and I am feeling good. 😁 crook 😁
here's a new thread with an old game...The game is old but interesting. The word will be jumbled and u have to guess the word.To make it interesting lets introduce...
Guys, This post comes a little late. Saw the RGV directed "Darna Zaroori Hai" and wasn't scared 😁 My rating: The Intro ( Best ) Story -1 : Starring Big...