Airtel twitter access will be free until March 2012

Twitter addicts who're on airtel can enjoy free twitter access on mobile.twitter.com until March 2012. Airtel subscribers can log on to the mobile website and enjoy free twitting. You don't need gprs/3g subscription to access the site. Sign up easy and requires only your mobile number. You can send message "START" to 53000. You'll get a response from the server. Reply saying "SIGNUP" to 53000. Then type your username and then password upon prompts from the server. Twitter will automatically create your account once you're through the process.

To follow a user (even if you don't have an account) you can send 'FOLLOW' to 53000. But be alerted that getting sms every minute from a active user could be really annoying. Especially if the user you are following is a night-bird.

If anyone's subscribed to the service; share your experience.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah. I have used it in past to receive my @mentions & people directly messaging me through twitter.
    It's pretty instant and useful while in roaming.

Why are they stopping it from March?! Is it going to be a paid service thereafter?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Here is the Video Tutorial " How to Add POLL to your Thread " ​
This may be of some interest to the Civil Engineers: https://www.constructionequipment.com/skid-steer-vs-compact-wheel-loader-keep-open-mind
hello brothers, am a final year student in eee discipline.i want to do a project this semester for that am searching for a nice topic related to embedded system.kindly help...
Quote Okay it's official; you can no longer blame the phone for the crappy quality of your cellphone videos. That's because the first full length feature film shot entirely on...