Aircraft from Scratch: Kenyan Tinkerer aims to test fly

A Kenyan backyard tinkerer could go on to become the World's second version of the Wright brothers next week. 😉

Gabriel Nderitu, an I.T. worker with no background in aviation or engineering, put together a hand-built airplane and is planning a test run above the city of Kitengala.
In the video below, a rooster crows as Nderitu and some friends work in a dirt yard to put on the airplane’s finishing touches.

Nderitu, 42, spent six months doing research on the Internet and about a year building his two-seater plane from scratch. It involves a Toyota engine driving a 74-inch wooden propeller. The engine turns up to 4,000 rpm and works through a reduction belt drive, according to AVWeb, an aviation site.

He is aimed at becoming the Kenya's pioneer in aircraft manufacturing. 😀 😀

Have a look at him with his super-cool machine i.e. his innovation - the aircraft from scratch.

Here:

[video=youtube;ujU1DjaYfs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujU1DjaYfs4&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The Real Engineer!

PS: The video is a must watch!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    eheh.. this guy puts some of us to shame.

I hope he keeps safety in mind when it'll eventually take off!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Define Engineer=Gabriel Nderitu
    That is the Engineer, folks, a person who can just venture into anything which is new to him, with full confidence and vigor!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

its 15-25 storey building. using c40 concrete. 1st floor column is 1000mmx1000mm = roughly 5400kN (550 tonne). whats your comment 😕
what is the spectrum of indian classical music and how to implement it on matlab. any suggestion is valuable for me .
I am setting up a solar power system to charge a 120 volt 100Ahr battery, which powers a UPS (inverter). Unfortunately, I cannot find a charge regulator for such a...
There are toll free numbers that one may call to get date and time information. It's about time that someone made a telephone answering machine that was capable of setting...
Anybody have idea how to add frameset tag in a table ?