CrazyEngineers
  • pa1
    pa1

MemberNov 25, 2008

air -fueled engines???

hi friends........
    can any body tell mee how air fuel car work or car which uses air as fuel??
    can u give me some links related to it?
    plz......
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • docel

MemberNov 25, 2008

Well...It just runs on compressed air, similar to a steam engine. Cheapest of the lot.
    Tatas were to manufacture it in India this year with a French collaboration. Claims of 100 bucks compressed air for about 150kms mileage.
    There are many manufacturers in the world, with a range upto 1000kms per tank of compressed air.
    All you need is to follow the Steam engine principles. These engines are being manufactured for a large range of vehicles- from a car to a tractor to an aircraft.

Cleanest cars in the world!!
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • pa1

MemberDec 2, 2008

docel
    Well...It just runs on compressed air, similar to a steam engine. Cheapest of the lot.
    Tatas were to manufacture it in India this year with a French collaboration. Claims of 100 bucks compressed air for about 150kms mileage.
    There are many manufacturers in the world, with a range upto 1000kms per tank of compressed air.
    All you need is to follow the Steam engine principles. These engines are being manufactured for a large range of vehicles- from a car to a tractor to an aircraft.

Cleanest cars in the world!!

thanks dude.......
    can u give me some links which has its working construction etc>..
    Cancel
  • kirankumar08

MemberDec 10, 2008

hi friends........
    plz email me at #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • kirankumar08

MemberDec 10, 2008

hi friends........
    can any body tell mee how air fuel car/bike work or car/bike which uses air as fuel??
    plz...... hi friends........
    plz send me e mail at <removed>
    Cancel
  • kirankumar08

MemberDec 10, 2008

hey can you give me some links about it........
    Cancel
  • sonasathish

MemberDec 12, 2008

Here is the link for the description of air fueled cars and their list of manufacturers around the globe.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Cancel
  • royalengg78

MemberJan 3, 2009

thanks for asking this question man. i got an idea for my project. please dont mind if i use ur idea. thanks again
    Cancel
  • MOTOmech

MemberJan 3, 2009

hi
    i dont know anything sorry
    Cancel
  • MOTOmech

MemberJan 3, 2009

hi actually i am an mech enginee studying second year and i just want ideas about projects at this situation
    Cancel
  • khooper

MemberMar 27, 2009

**Unfortunately, air alone can't be used as a fuel. First, energy has to be stored in it by squeezing the air tightly using a mechanical air compressor. Once the compressed air is released, it expands. This expanding air can be used, for example, to drive the pistons that power an engine. The idea of using compressed air to power a vehicle isn't new: Early prototypes of an air-powered vehicle go back to the middle of the 19th century, even before the invention of the internal combustion engine.
  • gohm

MemberMar 28, 2009

Also do a search, we've had a couple threads on compressed air motors. There is a company in France currently building cars.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register