View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12920 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
pa1
pa1 • Nov 25, 2008

air -fueled engines???

hi friends........
can any body tell mee how air fuel car work or car which uses air as fuel??
can u give me some links related to it?
plz......
Well...It just runs on compressed air, similar to a steam engine. Cheapest of the lot.
Tatas were to manufacture it in India this year with a French collaboration. Claims of 100 bucks compressed air for about 150kms mileage.
There are many manufacturers in the world, with a range upto 1000kms per tank of compressed air.
All you need is to follow the Steam engine principles. These engines are being manufactured for a large range of vehicles- from a car to a tractor to an aircraft.

Cleanest cars in the world!!
pa1
pa1 • Dec 2, 2008
docel
Well...It just runs on compressed air, similar to a steam engine. Cheapest of the lot.
Tatas were to manufacture it in India this year with a French collaboration. Claims of 100 bucks compressed air for about 150kms mileage.
There are many manufacturers in the world, with a range upto 1000kms per tank of compressed air.
All you need is to follow the Steam engine principles. These engines are being manufactured for a large range of vehicles- from a car to a tractor to an aircraft.

Cleanest cars in the world!!

thanks dude.......
can u give me some links which has its working construction etc>..
kirankumar08
kirankumar08 • Dec 11, 2008
hi friends........
plz email me at kiran.kumar_05@yahoo.co.in
kirankumar08
hi friends........
can any body tell mee how air fuel car/bike work or car/bike which uses air as fuel??
plz...... hi friends........
plz send me e mail at
kirankumar08
hey can you give me some links about it........
sonasathish
sonasathish • Dec 12, 2008
Here is the link for the description of air fueled cars and their list of manufacturers around the globe.

Air Fueled Cars

royalengg78
royalengg78 • Jan 4, 2009
thanks for asking this question man. i got an idea for my project. please dont mind if i use ur idea. thanks again
MOTOmech
MOTOmech • Jan 4, 2009
hi
i dont know anything sorry
MOTOmech
MOTOmech • Jan 4, 2009
hi actually i am an mech enginee studying second year and i just want ideas about projects at this situation
khooper
khooper • Mar 28, 2009
**Unfortunately, air alone can't be used as a fuel. First, energy has to be stored in it by squeezing the air tightly using a mechanical air compressor. Once the compressed air is released, it expands. This expanding air can be used, for example, to drive the pistons that power an engine. The idea of using compressed air to power a vehicle isn't new: Early prototypes of an air-powered vehicle go back to the middle of the 19th century, even before the invention of the internal combustion engine.
Also do a search, we've had a couple threads on compressed air motors. There is a company in France currently building cars.

Share this content on your social channels -