After logical crashing of HDD

Is there any way to back up the data after logical crashing of HDD..

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Could you please explan a bit more how your HDD got crashed? Error Code you are getting at the time of boot.

There are few softwares which can recover the data from logically crashed HDD. However, these softwares are very very costly. A few shops at India does this task on rent as well.

Untill and unless your data is so important I wont recommend you to go for recovery.

-CB
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    It gives the message "smart hard drive detects imminent failure (failure attr-05)"

And it's giving message for HDD self test but HDD self test is getting failed .
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    try out #-Link-Snipped-#. I have used it many times, its very simple to use and free too.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    @opti: but the HDD is not booting OS
  • Leo
    Leo
    Buddy try for raid2raid free, it recovered my and my friends data several times from a Windows Partition. Here's the link that show you how to use raid2raid and you can also download the tool from there,

DiskInternals RAID 2 RAID. Transfer RAID arrays between chipsets! | DiskInternals

or try Recuva, it is also free. If you try both and they both failed to recover, then go for professional recovery, it'll cost you as per the damage level of HDD but most of the time recovery is guaranteed. My final word is don't loose your hope before until you use possible all raid recovery free tools, but as per i know raid2raid is best among all free partition recovery tools. Happy Computing.
  • Leo
    Leo
    rishi0922
    @opti: but the HDD is not booting OS
    To recover data you have to use another hard disk as master hard disk(Means the HDD with OS) and use your crashed one as slave. Install Software on Master Hard Disk then take backup.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    @Leo: Thanks for this useful information ..
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i didn't used one of my hdd 4 a month............. bt nw its nt working.......... even bios nt detectin........ tried putting it under sun.............. plz help me out...................
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lovejeet
    i didn't used one of my hdd 4 a month............. bt nw its nt working.......... even bios nt detectin........ tried putting it under sun.............. plz help me out...................
    @Lovejeet: Nobody on CE uses SMS text and long trails of dots (........) on CE. Why not properly format your text before posting? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

difference b/w orifice plate & elbow taps for flow control and measurement
I received following screen on Google: Had anyone of you faced this problem anytime in past? Google Sorry... We're sorry... ... but it appears your computer is sending automated requests....
CWG 2010 to create 24.7 lakh jobs in India .. New Delhi, Oct 5: The organising committee of Commonwealth Games 2010 hoped that the revenue of the Delhi games would...
Despite poor image publicised at the Commonweallth Games, India is one the fastest growing economy and "much-derided democracy" that will soon outpace China. The surprising India's economy is largely based...
Hi i have seen a few project titles which make use of sensors like capacitance based eye blink sensor, capacitance based breath detec sensor but i could find help for...