After China And Spain, Samsung Pay Now Available In Singapore

More than a year ago at the Unpacked 2015 event at Barcelona, Samsung Electronics unveiled 'Samsung Pay' - its groundbreaking mobile payment service, which it claims to be the most robust payment mechanism there is. In just a month of its inception in South Korea, Samsung Pay was used for about 1.5 million transactions, garnering lots of goodwill for the company's bold new move. Shortly after making Samsung Pay available in Spain on June 2, 2016, Samsung has now announced that its now also been launched in Singapore.

samsung-pay
Singapore will become the first country in Southeast Asia to access Samsung Pay. Using the new service, users will be able to make faster payments at all locations where a debit or a credit card is accepted. Samsung Pay uses NFC (Near Field Communication) and MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) Technology for the purpose of making the payments. The Samsung also looks forth to introduce VAS (value added services) to motivate people towards using these payment services.

Samsung Pay will be available at most of the popular merchants who support payments through cards like supermarkets, beauty and healthcare stores, departmental stores, travel, entertainment, electronics stores, furniture stores, and many more. Users at Singapore can use the service to make payments above $100. For the purpose, Samsung has partnered with major organisations and banks like Standard Chartered, Citibank, American Express, Visa, MasterCard.

Samsung promises a very secure payment ecosystem with the Samsung Pay, which is not in the case of Debit and Credit cards. At present the service requires users to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+, S6 edge+ 4G+, S7 4G+ or S7 edge 4G+.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The most famous example one gets for php is Facebook. Why is it so? Was there a special reason to choose php over ruby and python? Also why does Facebook...
Hello, I suppose in our smartphones we have both of this measurement devices included. The question is, whether this devices are in one electronic chip or separated? Is that possible...
Fridge consume electrical energy to decrease temperature in the chamber where we storage food etc. But in the same time it extrude heat outside to the kitchen. Does Fridge give...
now , in the final year company use to visit colleges and select the candidates for their company. Since, the competition is getting tough so only few got selected and...
I want a topic so that i can do some research on it , to explore something new and to enhance my knowledge and also to add this in my...