Advantage of using helical stirrups

what is the advantage of using helical stirrups instead of normal stirrups in a cast-in-situ bored pile?

Replies

• anuraadha
    anuraadha
    The friction between soil and the pile is more in case of helical stirrups.
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    anuraadha
    The friction between soil and the pile is more in case of helical stirrups.
    can you please elaborate on this issue?
  • akshay rathore
    akshay rathore
    helical stirrups apart from giving lateral stability, also bear 5% of the total load coming on the pile , hence it has a niche over normal lateral ties.
  • akshay rathore
    akshay rathore
    the above explanation is in accordance with IS 456:2000.
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    akshay rathore
    helical stirrups apart from giving lateral stability, also bear 5% of the total load coming on the pile , hence it has a niche over normal lateral ties.
    Thankyou.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the tests carried out on fly ash used in RMC?
i want to learn more about raspberry pi.... Like the coding and stuff...i am finding it difficult from the website. Please suggest me some good book for this!
Hi all, I've uploaded one schematic.. please go through the attachment. My question is: In the schematic, to the VDD pin of the IC, diode D2 is connected which is...
This is the latest challenge from Googler Daniel Russel. He posts the following photo and asks all the users where was this photo taken? Of course, you won't be able...
Hi, can any one tell me , how input bulk capacitor value is designed (which comes after bridge rectifier) for switched mode power supplies? any formula?