Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad Download Now Available On iTunes Store

Adobe Systems Incorporated, the multimedia and creativity software products experts, have globally launched the all-new Lightroom mobile app (the companion to the desktop version of Lightroom) for Apple's iPad. Adobe Lightroom mobile requires Adobe Lightroom 5 and any of the following Creative Cloud plans. With the latest app for iPad, users can edit and organize their images clicked using smartphones or DSLRs. Along with an option to automatically sync all your mobile edits with Lightroom 5 on your desktop (Mac or Windows), users will be able to easily share all their photos to social media sites.

From the comfort of your mobile device i.e. the iPad, users can do advanced image editing tasks such as non-destructive processing of files and use of new Smart Preview technologies of the app so that you can forget using the software on desktop. Lightroom mobile is now available for download #-Link-Snipped-# for iPad running on iOS 7, from the Apple App Store. It will also need Lightroom 5.4 for Mac or Windows. At a price of Rs. 499 per month, users can access Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC on the desktop and Lightroom mobile on iPad.

adobe-lightroom-ipad-1

adobe-lightroom-ipad-2 adobe-lightroom-ipad-3 adobe-lightroom-ipad-4 adobe-lightroom-ipad-5
Umang Bedi, Managing Director - South Asia, Adobe System, believes that with the Lightroom mobile will make it possible for users to unleash the power of professional-class photographic workflows previously available only on desktop. And thanks to Creative Cloud, users never have to bother about syncing their photo edits with their main console i.e. the desktop. In the following short video, the Adobe team explains their concept further -

Interested people can give it a try at You can try for 30 days or purchase it by subscribing to the Photoshop Photography Program for $9.99/month. This program includes Lightroom 5, Photoshop CC, Lightroom mobile and a Behance ProSite. How do you like the all new Adobe Lightroom Mobile for iPad? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    This article calls for a comparison between Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
    The bigger question for me, what would be the difference between Lightroom and Lightroom mobile.

Would it be just the size and lighter version?
    If yes, that I am bit puzzled; A professional photographer would definitely have the Lightroom or Photoshop CS6; then why would they spend the money on light room mobile?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# This is one of the best comparisons between Lightroom and Photoshop - Photoshop vs Lightroom - What You Need to Know

I believe Lightoom mobile is designed for the mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, in this case the iPad.
    Now the powerful editing software like Lightroom doesn't need you keep hooked to the desktop. You can edit stuff on the go.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# This is one of the best comparisons between Lightroom and Photoshop - Photoshop vs Lightroom - What You Need to Know

I believe Lightoom mobile is designed for the mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, in this case the iPad.
    Now the powerful editing software like Lightroom doesn't need you keep hooked to the desktop. You can edit stuff on the go.
    Very nice article this is, and actually I referred this just before posting my reply.

I am still amazed if a professional photographer will ever prefer a lighter version of Photoshop app over a desktop version.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Regular users who just want to touch up the images will surely want to avoid this app considering the hefty price tag and I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# 's view that pro users shall always use the desktop version instead of the mobile version as they get to work on a bigger screen and they have much more accuracy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've compiled a list of few of the best ever TED Talks. Do have a look and feel free to contribute more talks in comments below. We'll make it into...
Engineers Club submitted a new project: How to make 24X6 LED Display Board - The DISPLAY BOARD consists of 24 columns and 6 rows. Now the question comes that what...
Kevin Shahbazi submitted a new project: Password Manager + Encrypted USB + Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Important product from renowned IIT graduates: Protect your password. protect your USB content. LogmeOnce...
A few weeks ago there was news about HTC launching couple of variants of the HTC One M8 and now the prolific leakster @evleaks has released a blurry image which...
Last we heard from Raspberry Pi, it was celebrating its second birthday last month. Soon as the celebrations subsided it has given its fans around the world another reason to...