Active and Passive components

what is the difference between active and passive components?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    To define them..

Passive component is the one which store or dissipate energy , like resistors, capacitors and Inductors.

Active components are those which give power like voltage sources.

To be more clear Passive components dont have any directionality , thus semiconductor devices will come under active components like diode which has a direction.
  • KAPILBEC
    KAPILBEC
    Basically the passive components are resistors,capaitors,inductors and these do not require any voltage supply.

Active components are like transistors and linear op-amps which have got current or voltage gain and these use passive components like resistors,capaitors,inductorsand active components are powered by an external voltage
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    pasive components are those which do not provides any gain..while active components are those which provides gain..e.g voltage gain, current gain

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have some question regarding LPLL. I've tried to search it but didn't found the answer to it. My question is: Why the input signal of the LPLL component normally...
I am using visual studio 2008 and I am creating a simple practice project which is store data and retrieve data from database. but when I am adding new database...
Hi, I am a civil engineer from India, would like to meet you all engineers around the globe.. Thanks.. Theconstructor.org
Please friends can you help me in telling that how can i get 5 volt constant dc supply from 12v dc supply without using chopper as in chopper the peak...
Hello, I'm currently a first year engineering student and I have to apply for a stream in a few months for what type of engineering im going into. I'm thinking...