Access a private Network from the internet

Hi CE,
I am trying to access my home computer that is part of a private network (because it has an IP address with 192.168.xx.xx.) form another computer in the internet.
If i go to #-Link-Snipped-# i get the same ip that anyone having access to internet through this private network would get.(i think this is the one for the server for the network).
My question is if there is a way in which i can access my computer (whose ip is static on the private network) from anywhere on the internet, i want to host my own server, and the server must be at my physical location.

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Munguti,
    If you are on a private network, without access to the router, then itll be very difficult to access your machine, until and unless you use some software based VPN client.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Try to ping the machine you're trying to access, are the machines pingable?
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    I have been reading about VPN and it seems that it will do the job.
    Thank you CE, especially Big_k and kidakadaka
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    Yes VPN(hamachi in particular) worked perfectly and it was easy to use too, thank you all again.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    you can make ur computer as web server
    read this article
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    and if it is not enough tell me what you want
    wanna access files from remote computer to ur pc
    if yes then use filezillserver
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi friends i'll suggest you not to access a computer inside a private network without permission of the network administrator. You can face legal charges for this. A computer in private network with dynamic ip can be accessed by port scan which is crime according to cyber crime laws. So be careful. If you don't want to get in trouble get a third party remote access software, install on both computers, from which you want to access and on the computer which you want to access. Don't save passwords on your computer for remote access this can be harmful. Try it, its an easy way to access computer in private network without breaking laws.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WE HATE PIRACY.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I just found this software . may be you an give it a trial GoToMyPC.

All it needs is installation of the software on your personal computer and then from the web interface you will be able to access you computer from anywhere.
    I really dont know about security and safetyness of using this though.

heres the URL
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    TeamViewer - the All-In-One Solution for Remote Access and Support over the Internet

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi. i am doing my final year now and i need to do a project for final year. i am searching for a project topic. please help me out. can...
Techniche, IIT Guwahati Ethical Hacking Workshop Are you a Hacking freak? Then get ready, Techniche, IIT Guwahati could be at your College Campus! This Year Techniche is organizing workshops in...
For those who want to read what went on in Part 1 of this thread, please have a look here ​ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ​ After a lot of discussion, we have...
what is an abis interface?? what is HIRS protocol and what are its characteristics?
how convergent- divergent nozzle works in relation to pressure/velocity, while steam is passing through it... i m little confuse