About heat load calculation and cooling capacity

I want to calculate heat load for 30000 kg of chocolate material to be cooled from 48 to 38 degree Celsius .Find out total heat load & cooling capacity required in TR.๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think, you will require specific heat at constant pressure or specific heat at constant volume, depending on your process. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Why not try to calculate the work and heat through thermodynamic relations for your cooling process ? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    kulpx003
    I want to calculate heat load for 30000 kg of chocolate material to be cooled from 48 to 38 degree Celsius .Find out total heat load & cooling capacity required in TR.๐Ÿ˜•
    Insufficient data. Unless the time within which this cooling has to be achieved is known calculation is not possible.
  • Richard O'Connor
    Richard O'Connor
    It will also depend on the flow rate. A low flow rate on the "hot side" of a heat exchanger will result in a lot of heat being taken out providing that you have sufficient cooling available (e.g. cold water at a fast flow rate)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Neptune Canada is a one of a kind regional scale project that is an underwater ocean observatory. It is operational since 2009 and people can literally surf the sea floor...
Hi Guys, I recently completed my B.E. in Biomedical Engineering and will be entering into a M.Eng program for Biomedical Engineering at Cornell University. Seeing that the field of BME...
I recently installed Incredimail and found that it altered the default search engine settings in the URL bar. That is, when instead of entering URL, if I entered a keyword...
Binary Search is one way to find some element, say ITEM, in a linear (one dimensional) array which is sorted in some order. This order may be ascending or descending...
Can someone post the selection process in caterpillar? I could not find out the previous year placement papers of caterpillar. Please share some of the questions in this thread.