About contactor....

Hiieee...
We are doing a project for designing and fabrication of a control circuit for the automatic switching ON and OFF of the electrical gadgets in a seminar hall.. We are using contactor , time switch, timer etc.. So, we need to know about contactor , time switch and timer in details. We have studied as reference book ELECTRICAL DESIGN Estimating and costing by K. B RAINA. We need to know more about contactor, timer, and time switch. Can u please help us by citing the site where we can learn these.
Thanking you all.
poonam.😀

Replies

• poonam biswakarm
    poonam biswakarm
    Please someone help me by answering my query..
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    What all things do you want to switch on and off. Please give a basic idea of what all equipments you use. At least, we have to talk about the specifications. Also, what is your agenda(algorithm) of using?
    What do you mean to do? Do you want the appliances to turn on and off after specific time interval, or do you want to turn on and off when you need them, either remotely(using GSM, internet;when you sit somewhere else), or through a computer, or any other way?
    Please answer these questions first!
  • poonam biswakarm
    poonam biswakarm
    Thank you so much... I will try to explain you all that you wanted to know to answer my question but i am sorry I have class i will post u a little later .
  • poonam biswakarm
    poonam biswakarm
    We are designing a control circuit for automatic switching ON of the electrical gadgets in a conference hall for specified duration. There will be lights, fans, A.C's which are to be controlled . It is going to be very simple. Its neither via GSM nor internet. we want to use some electrical machines. We have bought contactors : 250v size 0; 250v ,ML2, AC4 duty; 250v, ML1 AC4 duty. one timer etc.. Now we want to about how to connect the contactors. I have tried to answer your question . If something remained please ask me i will try to answer them.
    Thanking you
    poonam.
  • nsiva007
    nsiva007
    Contactor can be coupled with a relay..! Infact contactor is a relay for higher current and voltage ratings..!DO yo want to know what to use to switch ON automatically??
  • poonam biswakarm
    poonam biswakarm
    thank you... i have understood what i wanted to know..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Winbro Group Technologies, the leading manufacturer of advanced machining technologies for the aerospace and industrial gas turbine industries, is the first company to receive an enhanced JK604D laser from JK...
wanna, participate in tech fest, IIT bombay... n intrsd in makin a robot using IC engine, can ne1 suggest me wer t get its peripherals, fuel n any simple makin...
The tweet company, Twitter is now valued at $3 Billion and number of venture capital firms are lining up at Twitter's door to fund the company. The company, till date...
Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology, Nagpur organizes college's annual fest called 'Aarohi' every year. Aarohi is the central India's biggest fest comprising of various events and activities. If anyone's got...
[SIZE=+1]MOOD INDIGO[/SIZE], or MoodI, as it is fondly called, is the annual cultural festival of IIT Bombay. Held towards the end of December every year, it attracts a whopping 72,000...