About common sense.

Hi!๐Ÿ˜
I am someone who have just starting to step into the real world. And for people like me, exploring everything is the only way to make you survive in this grueling environment.
I want to make sure many things and I just came across this quote
"Common sense is not common."
Yes I understand what it is. But if this is the point, then why do we still call it common sense?
I know I got you an impression that I am stupid enough to be kicked out of here, but I just want to know what is the exact definition of common sense and what does it really mean when you say that I have to use my common sense.
Thank you for trying to read this. But this is out of curiosity, please try to answer this, lets all be stupid for a while.
Thank you for your efforts.

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    P.S. I want to see the number of replies equaling the number of views in here... Didn't understand why? C'mon, use your common sense ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah.. number of views? Well, could be the number of lost souls searching for "common sense" on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰

Its the imperfection of humans that we do silly things, even though we consciously know what the most logical means are. Maybe its more fun that way, lol.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    We consciously know what is right and what is not, but I think we do not have sharp common sense so that we can err, we do mistakes, and at last we learn from them. Its true that difficulties should be welcomed, without facing one, without failing once, we cannot gain.Its impossible to gain without losing. The best example is going to the gym. To gain a perfect shape, you have to lose your breath, perspire, do that hard work, curse yourself for coming here, call your instructors parents and relatives names which no human can even think of. The end result, a perfect body, an owner's pride.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friend's Just completed a program for a digital watch in java...Check out this code. import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; /**/ public class kk extends Applet implements Runnable...
We often see petrol bunks carrying the sign, "Please switch offf your mobile phones".. How come the concept of EM waves pose a threat to petrol? ๐Ÿ˜•
I was wondering what all problems can be faced in boilers in biomass plants which use rice straw as primary fuel. As I am not sure of the chemical reactions(read...
The official website of CAT (Common Admission Test) has been hacked. If you try visiting the site using Firefox web browser; you will see the following error message - "Reported...
Hello everyone some of you have already gone through many interviews(technical/hr/mr). Can you suggest some of many and many other ceians queries. 1. Firstly tell about dressing style. Would wearing...