About blog

I'm wondering do you all create your own blog? If so, could you please share with me the platform that you established your blog on? I want to establish my own blog, but I don't know the good platform to create. I've find a place to create blog: #-Link-Snipped-#. But it puts advertisement on the blog. I don't want the ads to appear on my blog. Are there a platform that can create blog without unwanted ads?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Use: WordPress.com: Build a Site, Sell Your Stuff, Start a Blog & More It's simple, easy and free.
    Good place to get started. πŸ‘
    You can move to your own domain to customize your blog according to your requirements.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    AbraKaDabra
    Use: WordPress.com: Build a Site, Sell Your Stuff, Start a Blog & More It's simple, easy and free.
    Good place to get started. πŸ‘
    You can move to your own domain to customize your blog according to your requirements.
    Thank you for your help. But why can't I open this website?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I were to start a blog today, I'd probably do it on Trending topics on Tumblr. But I use Wordpress (self-hosted) for my blogs. If you don't an exclusive domain for yourself, you may go with blogspot or wordpress.com or tumblr. All of these free platform allow you to add your custom domain for ~10/year (guess).
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Vivien.hugo
    Thank you for your help. But why can't I open this website?
    I think in China, Wordpress is blocked.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    godfather
    I think in China Wordpress is blocked.
    Sorry to hear this.πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think you should definitely check out Tumblr. WordPress.com will embed their own ads without giving the publishing much control. But if you still want to use WordPress, I'd recommend going with self hosted solution (download available from wordpress.org). If you're running wordpress on your own server, then you can control every aspect of your blog.

But for hassle free blogging; Tumblr seems to be the right option these days.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    The_Big_K
    If I were to start a blog today, I'd probably do it on Trending topics on Tumblr. But I use Wordpress (self-hosted) for my blogs. If you don't an exclusive domain for yourself, you may go with blogspot or wordpress.com or tumblr. All of these free platform allow you to add your custom domain for ~10/year (guess).
    I can open Trending topics on Tumblr. Thanks!
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    Since google is also not stable in China, I can't open it most of the time.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    The_Big_K
    I think you should definitely check out Tumblr. WordPress.com will embed their own ads without giving the publishing much control. But if you still want to use WordPress, I'd recommend going with self hosted solution (download available from wordpress.org). If you're running wordpress on your own server, then you can control every aspect of your blog.

But for hassle free blogging; Tumblr seems to be the right option these days.
    Biggie, can u post about the comparisons?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I'm quite sure that there are several comparisons available online. But from my experience it boils down to - for serious content production; Wordpress self-hosted is an ideal choice. For casual blogging, Tumblr offers better tools, interface and design. Tumblr allows you to engage custom domain to it and you can even setup advertisements; but again; it's not going to attract traffic directly from Google.

If monetization is one of the main goals of the blog; then WordPress is the choice hands down. It's got several tools, themes, tutorials available online.

Tumblr is beautiful! You can build your own following on Tumblr but I'm not sure whether Tumblr is ready for serious blogging yet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am in love with tumblr themes. When you are reading a blog on tumblr, it is a different experience. πŸ˜€
    But of course, wordpress is the best for commercial and more serious usage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish all the CE-an happy tamil new yearπŸŽ‰
In a 6 digit number, find the possibilities of at least 4 digits are different... It's really needed............
*Engineering Trade:electronics & communication Location: Thrissur *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: painting,observing sky at night *Aim in life: to be an astrophysicist *I joined Crazy Engineers because :being a part...
Hello...Its Sandeep Barua here. I am a first year Btech. student pursuing mechanical engineering from IIT Bombay, India. My hobbies include reading books,watching movies and catching up with latest gadgets.The...
Hello friends, I was looking for Project management training institutes , I have tried to search on Google, but it was not satisfactory, all I need now is the name...