Aakash 2 Tablet To Have 'Made In India' Tag

I am sure you already read this, but quoting it,
The Government Of India intends to involve other three IITs (along with IIT Rajasthan) in the#-Link-Snipped-# project, with an eye to manufacture the product using local resources, and simultaneously bringing down price of the same.
According to the HRD Ministry, IIT Mumbai, IIT Madras and IIT Kanpur are the other three institutes picked out for the project. Read complete on VoiCE:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Now, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has said, "We are now going to diversify production base and indigenise Aakash tablet. We are planning to create eco-system for end to end development of Aakash in India. This will create enormous opportunities for R&D institutions, developers, electronic production houses."

The focus is on creating the device 100 percent locally. He has also asked the Indian Semi Conductor Association to get involved in this project.

On the other hand, there is news about the speed of the improved device being increased to 800 MHz instead of 300 MHz at present.

If the production houses for Aakash 2 are planned, it opens new vistas for research.
What do you think?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm wondering whether Aakash 1 tablet did not have the 'Made In India' tag. With over 100,000 Aakash tablets being ordered every day, I'm quite sure that a lot of CEans have received it by now. Can someone post photos of the aakash tablet?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    I'm wondering whether Aakash 1 tablet did not have the 'Made In India' tag.
    Now-a-days it is taken for granted that things have 'made in china' tag. ☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is reportedly working creating Googles powered by the Google Goggles software which may replace your real Goggles! The app may soon be ported to your glasses and give you...
Google is running yet another design test on their homepage currently. As of right now, at least two designs are life for all users. First the single button menu interface...
https://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/04/...campaign=Feed:+weblogsinc/autoblog+(Autoblog)
There's yet another big problem! Its Y2k38 Problem!!! Check this out, as this explains it all:
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ign=Feed:+ziffdavis/extremetech+(Extremetech)