A swimming bot

hi people,

this is my first thread.

i have an idea for an water bot.
this is for a competition.

the idea is kinda ingenious ( i think )
and this is my first venture to do something[😛]

so i need help from those who have already done stuff like this.

can anyone help out ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nosy_wiz
    hi people,

this is my first thread.

i have an idea for an water bot.
    this is for a competition.

the idea is kinda ingenious ( i think )
    and this is my first venture to do something[😛]

so i need help from those who have already done stuff like this.

can anyone help out ?
    We would all love to help. Why don't you post your initial ideas and diagrams to tell us what you are trying to achieve. We all can build on your ideas.
  • nosy_wiz
    nosy_wiz
    oops guys..
    i missed out posting my idea..
    sorry for the mistake.

well my idea is quite simple.
    use motors to produce a human type of swimming action, using crank connecting rod mechanism.

i sure it would work.
    its just that im not sure about the procedure to follow in order to build my robot.
  • nosy_wiz
    nosy_wiz
    im sorry i can't provide diagrams as all the sketches i made are on sheets of paper.
    but ill try to provide you soft copies of the sketches as soon as possible.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    A design is very important. A good design considering all forces involved will make the bot float, otherwise it will sink.
  • nosy_wiz
    nosy_wiz
    well design is ok..
    but im asking you if the bot would move in the swimming action if i use the above said mechanism.?

thats my doubt.
    whether the swimming action would occur or not if i used the mechanism

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tyvek® Classic: protecting users from dust and dirt in cement production Holcim Ltd is one of the world's leading producers of cement and aggregates. (1) At the Holcim (Deutschland) AG...
😁when connectet the computer to online ups the phone line is not functioning properly it is giving hissing sound and it is not working properly please suggest me some solution....
I have a big doubt. im sure anna university mechanical engineers are out here, ( hope at least one is present ) to clarify my doubt. what kind of Design...
As we being engineers come across many problems in our daily life.So what you do at that time ?? 1.Nothing 2.Focus on Problem 3.Focus on Solutions How suddenly I got...
Have you ever used satellite-tv-player.I've seen similar sources sold on eBay but this one is way better. Normally i do softwares Purchasing from the net. I love to watch movies...