A Safety mechanism for manual driven cars on initial start

In Africa most cars used are manual driven cars. Often, most cars jerks upon initial starting of the car b,cos the driven and driver shafts are not disengarged by applying the clutch. I want to incorperate some sensors to serve as safety mechanisms ( ie before the car can start, the driver has to apply the clutch). Pls help me out with ideas.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Here in India most of the cars are manually driven. But, we always make it a point to start the car in neutral.
    The sensor system that you are talking about.... How about incorporating the sensors from motorcycles. The green light of the LED will glow when the vehicle is in neutral.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Owusu Buabeng
    In Africa most cars used are manual driven cars. Often, most cars jerks upon initial starting of the car b,cos the driven and driver shafts are not disengarged by applying the clutch. I want to incorperate some sensors to serve as safety mechanisms ( ie before the car can start, the driver has to apply the clutch). Pls help me out with ideas.
    Now though I haven't studied vehicle starting system in detail, I guess by turning the keys (or by pressing the button) an electrical circut is completed. This makes engine-coupled motor to rotate, which in turn will make engine start. So one more contact point can be added to that circuit which will make contact only when clutch is in disengaged (lever pressed) condition. This way motor starting circuit will have two break-points which need to be closed to make it complete.

Hope, this answers your question !
  • Raghavendra.RSP
    Raghavendra.RSP
    Your problem can be solved by incorporating a small electrical signal light which blinks, when the key is inserted in to the ignition switch while starting the engine,notifying that clutch must be disengaged.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Most manual cars have an electrical lock out which requires you to press in the clutch to start the vehicle.
  • khooper
    khooper
    Manual-driven cars can be customized to what pace of travel speed you want. While automatic-driven cars cannot be customized to what pace of travel speed you want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Excerpt from International Herald Tribune - World News, Analysis, and Global Opinions "The mood was somber in the packed auditorium at Lehman Brothers international headquarters at Canary Wharf. "It's over,"...
hi i joined it as i feel that a successful enginer has to be a bit crazy about his engineering work i am still in engg studies can a engineer...
Hi ppl,i m a CS eng student,i need a brief details about the article Grid cpmputing. please send me ....
Hello Folks, i'm collecting information for my graduation project, im a computer engineering student. well, the project i'm thinking of is a device for blind students, to help them study...
Any information about projects topics related to mechanical engineering......?