A brief on Crash test

crash test is one of the modern day analysis procedure used to find whether the the vehicle is safer for driving or not and find the tolerance of vehicle towards collision.There are many tests such as
*frontal impact crash test
*side impact test
*small overlap test
*offset test
*full scale crash test
*roll over test
*roadside hardware test
*computer model.

This type of crash tests were usually conducted by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
(IIHS), EuroNCAP and Australasian New Car
Assessment Program.

Recent test by Euro NCAP on alto k10 showed a big threat to customers.Are we not giving importance to safety and only give preference to cost.Alto k10 scored only 0 in crash test.

What are the importance of crash test?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Are you telling that Maruti Suzuki didn't pay any attention at all to Alto even after knowing that its one of their most popular and highest selling models?

Seriously 0??
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nayan Goenka
    Are you telling that Maruti Suzuki didn't pay any attention at all to Alto even after knowing that its one of their most popular and highest selling models?

Seriously 0??
    Indianautoblog.com has posted the test details and test was conducted by Euro NCAP.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Indianautoblog.com has posted the test details and test was conducted by Euro NCAP.

This website doesn't exist. Where is the other link you can provide for the similar test results. It seems that IndianAutoBlog is not interested now in this field. Selling their domain ๐Ÿ˜›

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The correct website is: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

this is the exact link showing the video of the crash test.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Interesting video. but i still feel something is not right.

did anyone notice that the steering wheel of the car in the video looks more like a dummy.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If a car is getting 0 in International standards on what scale did it get clearance in the Indian Market

But Is the Alto's body that weak?๐Ÿ˜ฒ If alto has this case what score will Nano get

PS: Nano's bonnet can be dented by just pressing with a force of 25 Kg rice sack
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Conqueror
    If a car is getting 0 in International standards on what scale did it get clearance in the Indian Market

But Is the Alto's body that weak?๐Ÿ˜ฒ If alto has this case what score will Nano get

PS: Nano's bonnet can be dented by just pressing with a force of 25 Kg rice sack

i agree with Jeffrey.

there is something wrong somewhere.

either the Indian cars are built with carelessness or this video was made just to defame Alto
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This Video is complete Bullshit. This cannot be Alto. Alto is not that brittle. The steering wheel looks dummy. And the way its crashing, it shows as if it is made of paper. Plus as #-Link-Snipped-# already said, with 0 safety clearance in International Standard, Indian Law doesn't give clearance to such cars.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    GUYS ITS TIME TO ACT SHERLOCK HOLMES:

WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN CAREFULLY ESPECIALLY AT 0:48, AND SEE IF YOU CAN SEE ANYTHING UN-USUAL ?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    no replies yet ?

well i will tell what it is: the car in the video is a left-hand-drive !

since when did maruti or any other indian car manufacturers make left-hand-drive cars ! ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Left hand drive cars are available as per order basis But I am sure K10 never had a left hand drive car till date Wikians tells the same so This is something which is turning out to be negative on the test conductors
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Conqueror
    Left hand drive cars are available as per order basis But I am sure K10 never had a left hand drive car till date Wikians tells the same so This is something which is turning out to be negative on the test conductors

Do indians use left-hand drive cars ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    zaveri
    Do indians use left-hand drive cars ?
    Some differently abled people get their cars remodelled and Maruti did a really good job in remodelling a car for one of my friends

Yeah it does offer for select models But really rare in India
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Some differently abled people get their cars remodelled and Maruti did a really good job in remodelling a car for one of my friends

Yeah it does offer for select models But really rare in India

So there is this conclusion, That testing agency is fraud ๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    So there is this conclusion, That testing agency is fraud ๐Ÿ˜
    I am not a judge to rule the whole thing as fradulent Cos other testing videos here seem legit But Alto results are not so okayish in my opinion
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    I am not a judge to rule the whole thing as fradulent Cos other testing videos here seem legit But Alto results are not so okayish in my opinion

I only referred Alto only, didn't even bother to see others because if they question one of the successful cars, there is something wrong. It is not that I am a Maruti or Alto fan, but what is wrong is wrong
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    zaveri
    no replies yet ?

well i will tell what it is: the car in the video is a left-hand-drive !

since when did maruti or any other indian car manufacturers make left-hand-drive cars ! ?
    This version of the Alto is for export to Latin America, hence the tests conducted by Latin NCAP.

More info of the crash here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Nayan Goenka
    I only referred Alto only, didn't even bother to see others because if they question one of the successful cars, there is something wrong. It is not that I am a Maruti or Alto fan, but what is wrong is wrong
    Refer the link provided by ash to know more bro.Its not all about alto.They had given swift a 5 star rating.Whats your take on it.Is the com[pany making profit by manufacturing unreliable and dangerous vehicles to people?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Refer the link provided by ash to know more bro.Its not all about alto.They had given swift a 5 star rating.Whats your take on it.Is the com[pany making profit by manufacturing unreliable and dangerous vehicles to people?

Of course the company isn't taking profit by making unsafe cars. Its just that if they question a successful car, we don't know on what grounds or proof, that questions its credibility. No body cares if you give 5 star to another. A fair system demands equal credentials for all.
    While surfing i found this big thing.So I am sharing it with everyone .Its all about new tests which were conducted by IIHS and the new crash test named as" Small overlap frontal collision test".It deals more procedures and give us a extra safety rating.Latest car to get this "Top safety pick plus" is Honda Odyssey .

Following link gives you detailed information on the test and conducting one:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Qoros 3 become the first Chinese car to get a 5star rating from Euro NCAP and the shocking news is that it is getting a rating far better than mercedes c class.Check the below link to know more:
    indianautosblog.com/2013/09/qoros-3-sedan-5-star-euro-ncap-98222
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    even tatanano has passed the crash test. How alto failed to pass it. Its really something wrong with the construction of its body. Both nano and alto use similar material of construction as their weight has to be very low. Alto has advantage over nano on its structure. But how nano can pass and alto can fail. Alto s weight is 630 kg whereas nano weight is 600 kg. What went wrong with alto?
    More details on crash test:
    Dummies are widely used in place of human being and acquire data which is not possible when we use real human being.it contains materials which are more similar to us and it uses sensors to collect data.they are
    1)accelerometres-measure acceleration in particular direction.
    2)load sensors- measure amount of force on different parts of body.
    3)motion sensors- measures the chest deflection during impact.

they were painted in different colors at different parts before collision.Mostly at face, knee and skull.
    A recent article in Hindhu clearly brought out the flaws in Indian Cars safety and Hindhu stated that Popular cars of India that sold about 20% of total sales in India such as
    These tests were carried by Euro NCAP an Independent organisation who take tests and give ratings on safety.
    1) Alto 800,
    2) i10,
    3) Nano and
    4) Figo.

Read more here: Top Indian Small Cars Fail NCAP Crash Tests Miserably - Not Road Safe.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Inviting an opinion from @#-Link-Snipped-# on this.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    A recent article in Hindhu clearly brought out the flaws in Indian Cars safety and Hindhu stated that Popular cars of India that sold about 20% of total sales in India such as
    These tests were carried by Euro NCAP an Independent organisation who take tests and give ratings on safety.
    1) Alto 800,
    2) i10,
    3) Nano and
    4) Figo.

Read more here: Top Indian Small Cars Fail NCAP Crash Tests Miserably - Not Road Safe.
    Well, for an opinion, I will reiterate my comment which I had posted on reddit:Indian-cars-crash-test-failโ€‹

@#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# Do you guys agree with me?
    P.S.: rifles666 is my reddit username
    EDIT: Two versions of Volkswagen Polo were also tested by NCAP. The airbag version, in fact, was comparatively far better rated than the remaining models.
    Thus, it supports the fact that car companies can and will bring in better, safer cars in our country IF AND ONLY IF people are ready to spend a few bucks on safety rather than on those stupid neon lights under the chassis of their cars.
    I too had that feeling but there is some ethics to be considered in everything by by all companies.@Chaitanya kukde

I had a new question here.Do Indian roads really in need fro ABS the so called anti lock braking system? Or Should the air bag installation should be made mandatory?
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
    Please add to the list and share what you know:

Some of the crash test takers list:
    *Euro NCAP-New car assesment programme
    *IIHS: Insurance Institute of highway safety
    *Add if you know.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What exactly is the loading effect of capacitor? I found this as one of the main applications of the capacitor in electronic circuits. The book pointed that the capacitor in...
These devices provide a very high degree of isolation between the primary windigns and the secondary windings of the core. They are really robust and offer very high electrical/ galvanic...
For those who missed the earlier parts, there are the links to them. Prologue Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Greetings Readers, as mentioned earlier this post I...
As the topic denotes its all about transmission system.A fluid coupling or a torque converter is usually used in place of clutch in a vehicle especially for automatic power transmission...
Hey guys, I saw some pictures of buildings and there were some of them with an unusual shape. Also in many movies we see buildings whose shapes are completely distorted....