8 Rounds Of Interview For Mechanical Engineers!

Placement Training in our college now. The man came today said that mechanical core companies will have 7 or 8 rounds. For softwares it is only 3. What are that 8 rounds in mechanical core companies?

😔

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The number of 'rounds' are basically decided by the companies hiring - to ensure that they get the best of the candidates. So, if you're through with the basics - 8 or 80 rounds of interviews don't matter. It's just going to be a formality, if you're good.

I believe out of 8 rounds, there 6 will be technical rounds of Interviews and 2 might be the HR or related interviews. Of course, the specifics will be declared by the hiring company. It's better to ask the T&P officer about this information because they'll be the right people who should have a detailed knowledge of the companies and their overall hiring process. Did they tell you the name of company which is going to conduct 8 rounds of Interviews?

For Software engineers, there are several companies that go up to 12 rounds of Interviews. So it totally depends on which company is recruiting.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# Yes! They said that 8 rounds for Ashok leyland. But they assured that software companies will have only 3 rounds; Aptitude,GD and HR.

Somehow I can manage the technicals, but what about other rounds? Is it GD? GD with technical one?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt they'll ever have a technical GD. Doesn't make sense. GD's usually are aimed at checking your general awareness, ability to participate in team discussions and overall communication skills. Yes, GD could be a part of overall interviewing process. Someone more familiar with Ashok Layland's selection process would be able to answer this in more detail.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thats right!! What about the HR one?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans....... I'm an instrumentation student and often confused with the difference between sensor and a transducer. confused with many explanations i have entered into the conclusion that a transducer...
Is the bit system of a machine an important criteria for installing drivers? What actually happens during proper and improper installation of drivers?
Dear all, How to choose a fuse for a particular design? I just saw one design of SMPS. In that the input voltage range for the design is 90 to...
I have a doubt or you can say that I found a problem with Bernoulli theorem! So friends please tell me the solution for this - the doubt is that...
Dear all, I just came across SMPS design, in that For inrush current limitation NTC thermistor is chosen. But the question is, its rating is: 16ohms,1.7A, How this R&I value...