555 Timer?

Why 555 Timer Is So Called As?that's A Very Common Question But I Didn't That In Book.so Help Me Out

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    If you refer to any text book indicating the internal construction of a 555 timer, you'll see that Vcc is divided internally using 3 resistors to get 2/3 Vcc and 1/3 Vcc used later in comparators.

The values of these 3 resistors are 5 kilo Ohm each and hence the name 555.
    😁
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    reachrkata
    If you refer to any text book indicating the internal construction of a 555 timer, you'll see that Vcc is divided internally using 3 resistors to get 2/3 Vcc and 1/3 Vcc used later in comparators.

The values of these 3 resistors are 5 kilo Ohm each and hence the name 555.
    😁
    Perfect! 😁 The timer gets its name from the resistors!

Jerry

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what do u think, it's better to live in a joint family or a nuclear family? c'mon CE'ns pour in your comments as much as possible. this could be your...
Hello All, Continuing from where Brian Huyser left us last month, I want to tell all my fellow CEans that I have changed 1 ordinary bulb in my house with...
nanotechnology is reachin INDIA....(although quite late!!!!) nanotechnology can make steel 100 times stronger with same size..... machining can b xtremely accurate upto atomic level.... computers can consume billion times less...
I found This program has tremendous potiential...has the makings of probably.. The next Google... N we can play a big role..n yes..V stand to lose nothing.... Just bring as many...
this is me a maverickk...doing agricultural engineering from punjab agricultural university ludhiana...punjab...i am a final year student placed with Tafe tractors chennai(massey ferguson) guys ilove reading and listening infact i...