3 Phase to single phase conversion + phase changeover.?

can some one shed some light on my query below.

I have a system which has three phase input (R,Y,B).
And now i need an output (say 230V),from the same system even if any one of the input phase fails.

i mean something using relays transformers etc.

any hints.

-cheers.

Replies

• apsingh
    apsingh
    Hi!
    The contents of your query has been noted by me, shall study the same and would get back to you asap.
    Would really appreciate if you could please provide me with more details.

Thanks & Cheers!!

APS
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Do you want the supply to be uninterrupted??
    or are you ok with system getting off for like 2 minutes when there is no power in a phase???

If you are OK with small interruption then a simple changeover switch will be enough for you, whenever one phase fails, you just change the supply to another pahse and you get the supply back. ๐Ÿ˜€
    or if not then you can still use an automatic changeover switch. It will have a control logic system which will work on sequential timings. I can't provide much knowledge on it directly, I am still very inexperienced, but if you want, I can study and research on it for you. ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope it helps. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    You have to use a PLC which has all three phases fed to it and is programmed in such a way that if one phase fails the other one is connected.
    The relays you are talking about will be used as the switches with the plc controlling them.
    you have to find a way to detect if a phase is down, here you can also use relays again.
  • lokesh ravikumar
    lokesh ravikumar
    HI,
    Please note that if you are using a PLC then from which phase do we have to give power to PLC. If one of the phase fails, and if that phase the phase given to PLC then the system will fail. I think we will have to give a analog solution to this problem any body can help to develope one such thing.
  • sheikkrm
    sheikkrm
    tell me example for a device working on Transformer Principle but not stationary it should be dynamic device?
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    lokesh ravikumar
    HI,
    Please note that if you are using a PLC then from which phase do we have to give power to PLC. If one of the phase fails, and if that phase the phase given to PLC then the system will fail. I think we will have to give a analog solution to this problem any body can help to develope one such thing.
    Hello!!! The PLC can be controlled using a seperate battery, dont you think?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

if any one has good seminar topic information in E&C stream .pls help me ๐Ÿ˜’
Hello guys, Before anyone starts a business they should think of what are the posibilities of getting success and gain (Benifits) of that project or business... And probabilities of Failure...
Hi, I have a problem about EMF and/or Voltage. Let their are 100 electron at a place A and 200 electron at place B. Now what will be the Voltage/EMF...
Here Post the Image That you found good and something different... It should be a something innovative and fun... Start sharing Ceans
Hi every one, Please, I'm in search for any good automatic power change-over (PUBLIC TO PRIVATE POWER SUPPLY) circuit diagram, anyone who has one should kindly help me with one....