2 Years In A Startup Is Equivalent To 10 Years In Corporate Job

I was in a meeting with a startups guy from the US who was visiting our city. He said, "2 years of working in a startup would be equivalent to ~10 years in a regular big MNC". Almost everyone in the meeting room agreed. Most of us had spent some time in the corporate world before starting up and we could related to the kind of roles and responsibilities we've to bear on our shoulders while working for a startup.

What do you think?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I agree 101 %. Very few people will get the option to lead at a younger age. Most of the people will get it after 6 years of experience.

And, the sad part is all the 6 years they work under others. If the others are good they will be good leaders if not they will be worst ๐Ÿ˜€ (Personal experience)

I am fortunate to lead a team with just 1 year experience but that is only for a year.

Start up, am still in initial stage so couldnt speak much, but as I see others I understand the responsibilities one have at very younger age.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    That's very true. I'm in to a start up and working on a project now. And I've an idea about all the modules of my project right from the requirements, design, coding, testing everything. And few of my friends are in to Tcs, Wipro, Cts now. They are in to debugging, they don't know the details even about their module. Their daily work is debugging, sending mails to clients that's all and also they were saying this is all for about 1.5 years. I can see the difference. They themselves are saying that they are truly not satisfied with their work.
  • Vishwanath J
    Vishwanath J
    I wanted have my own establishment atleast small scale one... So y i logged onto this site, so i may get some ideas how to start n all... Let me see how far i must sail to reach my goal.

Anyhw i wish all the best for who all wanna be boss of thier own ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vishwanath J
    I wanted have my own establishment atleast small scale one... So y i logged onto this site, so i may get some ideas how to start n all... Let me see how far i must sail to reach my goal.

Anyhw i wish all the best for who all wanna be boss of thier own ๐Ÿ˜€
    Dear friend, you'll get lot of help through #-Link-Snipped-#. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them by starting a new discussion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We need more opinions, expressions please ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vishwanath J
    Vishwanath J
    The_Big_K
    Dear friend, you'll get lot of help through #-Link-Snipped-#. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them by starting a new discussion.
    Hi Sir, I hope the Link u provided might help me... I'm Going through each and every Links followed by, So i just let u know if i need any clarifications and ideas later on...

Thank U Sir...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vishwanath J
    Hi Sir, I hope the Link u provided might help me... I'm Going through each and every Links followed by, So i just let u know if i need any clarifications and ideas later on...

Thank U Sir...
    We all grow by helping each other. That's why we gather here on CE ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am planing to update my desktop. As of now i have a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ processor with 2 GB ram. Kindly let me know the...
which branch to choose: ece or cs, interested in microprocessor (design and programming), scared of repetetive jobs after 4 years
Name: Vineeth Vijayan *Engineering Trade: BE - EEE Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu *Occupation: Working in IT Work Experience: 3 Years *Hobbies & Interests: playing PC - First Person Shooter games...

hi

this is anju singh...
if a black body absorbs and emits all the electromagnetic radiation then what is the diff b/w a black body and a mirror(i think it also does the same).