12K Gaming Using 3 Sharp 4K Monitors & 3 ASUS 7970 GPUs!

Microsoft's showing how to push the limits of the Windows operating system. Engineers at Microsoft recently published a blog post showing how they achieved 12K gaming using three Sharp PN-K321 4K Ultra HD monitors driven by three ASUS 7970 GPUs working in perfect sync. Microsoft's Gavin Gear, who achieved 12K gaming setup says "it was an intense experience". He wanted to experience how the 4K gaming experience would change if the screen refresh rate was pushed from 30 Hz to 60 Hz. He decided to go ahead with tri-mon setup.

slide

Looks wonderful, right? Read about the entire setup below -
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Which means a single AMD 7970 is capable of running game in 4K resolution in highest details ?
    Even SLI 4-way nVidia Titan (fastest Gaming GPU) isn't capable to run latest games in highest details in 4K resolution, then how come 7970 HD in each monitor can run game in 4K monitor & that too in 60fps ?
    I honestly doubt this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Quoting straight from the source mentioned in the first post -

This setup is the equivalent of 12 1920x1080 displays, that’s a total of 24,883,200 pixels! The last time I tried DirectX 11 gaming at 4K I used a single AMD 7970 card and was able to hold 30 Hz no problem with Max Payne 3. Now I was about to find out how the same graphics hardware would perform with three 4K displays running at 30 Hz. I decided to run Dirt3 since the panoramic effect of 3 displays would work well with that game. Would this setup be able to hold 30 Hz with a single AMD 7970 graphics card? I was about to find out!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# You would love to read this too : Some Quick Gaming Numbers at 4K, Max Settings

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, this might sound weird but I am interested to learn engine modifications, tuning and body works . I have done some research on our formal education systems but...
DALER aka Deployable air Land Exploration Robot is a creation of Ludovic Daler of EPFL's (Swiss Federal Institute Of Technology, Lausanne) Laboratory Of Intelligent Systems. DALER is special - because...
sir, I am doing my graduation in aeronautics in hyd ............... can u suggest me as where to do masters ............i.e either in india or foreign..............if foriegn can u suggest...
Skoda's just not about cars. The company surely knows what men want and has unveiled a new cool toy for the coolest dads in the world: the Mega Man-Pram! The...
Last year, during same season i.e Monsoon my old modem was shorted .Yesterday too same happened to my modem (I am not sure though). Modem doesn't blinks the Power LED...