11th C++ problem

The Chef is planning a buffet for the Inauguration Party and everyone is invited. On their
way in, each guest picks up a sheet of paper containing a random number (this number may
be repeated). The guests then sit down on a round table with their friends.
The Chef now decides that he would like to play a game. He asks you to pick a random
person from your table and have them read their number out loud. Then, moving clockwise
around the table, each person will read out their number. The goal is to find that set of
numbers which forms an increasing subsequence. All people owning these numbers will be
eligible for a lucky draw! One of the software developers is very excited about this prospect,
and wants to maximize the number of people who are eligible for the lucky draw. So, he
decides to write a program that decides who should read their number first so as to
maximize the number of people that are eligible for the lucky draw. Can you beat him to it?
Input
The first line contains t, the number of test cases (about 15). Then t test cases follow. Each
test case consists of two lines:
 The first line contains a number N, the number of guests invited to the party.
 The second line contains N numbers a1, a2, ..., an separated by spaces, which are the
numbers written on the sheets of paper in clockwise order.
Output
For each test case, print a line containing a single number which is the maximum number of
guests that can be eligible for participating the the lucky draw.
Constraints
 1 N 10000
 You may assume that each number on the sheet of paper; ai is randomly generated,
i.e. can be with equal probability any number from an interval [0,U], where U is
some upper bound (1 U 106).
Example
Input:
0 0
3 2 1
4 8 6 1 5 2
Output:
Output details
Case 1: No matter where who reads there number first, just one person is eligible for the
lucky draw.
Case 2: The person in the last position could read their number first to obtain the sequence
1 3 2. We could then pick 2 sheets with numbers 1 and 2.
Case 3: The person in the fourth position could read their number first to obtain the
sequence 1 5 2 4 8 6. We could then pick 4 sheets with numbers 1 2 4 6

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    69 views but not even single reply.
    Come on Guys this is not that much tough as compared to 10th
    or you guys are not interested to solve these
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    goyal420
    Example
    Input:
    0 0
    3 2 1
    4 8 6 1 5 2
    Output:
    Output details
    Case 1: No matter where who reads there number first, just one person is eligible for the
    lucky draw.
    Case 2: The person in the last position could read their number first to obtain the sequence
    1 3 2. We could then pick 2 sheets with numbers 1 and 2.
    Case 3: The person in the fourth position could read their number first to obtain the
    sequence 1 5 2 4 8 6. We could then pick 4 sheets with numbers 1 2 4 6
    The sample input seems to be wrong.
    The first line should be 2, right? It is given as 32.

Also, please explain the output details. I couldn't get what you mean by the cases 1,2 and 3.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks for giving attention ss
    yes you are right it is
    In all the cases the person with smallest no will read it's no first and then the next person in clock wise direction

so here The First case implies since there are two persons hence it is quite obvious that only one person is eligible for lucky draw
    2 case:-here is it given 3 2 1 hence person at 3rd position will read its no first
    and the sequence becomes 1 3 2 Now among these only those persons are valid which forms increasing sequence ie 1 2 .hence only two persons are valid for luck draw

3:-case same for this 4 8 6 1 5 2
    the sequence will be 1 5 2 4 8 6
    thus here persons for draw are 1 2 4 6 ie 4 hence output should be 4
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I get it now. I'll try to program it today..
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    so here is the solution for this

#include
    #include
    int getvalue(int a[],int b[],int );
    int small(int a[],int);
    void main()
    {
    clrscr();
    int n,i,j,count=1;
    int *store;
    cin>>n;
    store=new int[n];
    int c[100],d[100];
    for(i=0;i>b;
    c=new int[b];
    d=new int[b];
    store[i]=getvalue(c,d,b);
    delete []c;
    delete []d;
    }
    for(i=0;i>c[j];
    }
    sm=small(c,b);
    for(i=0;i0;i--)
        {
            if(d[i]>d[i-1])
            {
            count++;
            }
        }

for(i=0;i

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys! I am coming to final year and its time to decide about my project. I wanna do my project on Sixth Sense Technology. Is it possible to do...
do we get the combustion completed if we use two spark plugs. if we use less quality fuel..........
I have a problem with my blog and I need suggestions to it. I put it in this section 'cos I think it can be a good topic for debate...
I read quite a few posts in this section regarding site suggestions and would like to give my feedback too. We could have a market section where Ceans could trade/buy/sell...
Source: Technology Review: Packing More into Lithium Batteries Researchers at Stanford University have developed an electrode that can be used to make more energy-dense lithium-sulfur batteries. If issues surrounding life-cycle...