1 Hz square wave generator

Hi all,
I am making a Digital Clock. For this purpose, I need a 1 Hz signal to insert as a Clock for 'Seconds' portion of my circuit. How to create 1 Hz ? I tried 555 timer, but practically I am not getting exact 1Hz. Now I decide to make Crystal Oscillator. I have a 32.768 kHz Quartz Crystal. I have searched Internet for making the circuit. But I cannot simulate anyone of them in 'Proteus ISIS'. I want to have this 32.768kHz and then divide it using Counter(s) to have exact 1Hz signal. Now what to do? Anyone please help me with making the Crystal Oscillator Circuit and needed formulae.
Thanks.

Replies

• shahrul
    shahrul
    To make digital clock, you can use RTC. or if you want generate 1Hz signal, you can do with Timer Interrupt in microcontroller (eg PIC).
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey RH,

shahrul is right.......

Go for it.............

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • Happy Chap
    Happy Chap
    RH495, this link may be helpful, shows a 4060 14 stage binary counter, which will get your 32.768khz xtal down to 2khz, and even has a diagram showing how to connect a crystal osc to it. Once you are at that site, there a many data sheets for many different ICs, and you shouldn't have to much trouble finding a couple of decade counters and whatever else you need to get down to 1 hz.

Good luck.

CD4020 Datasheet
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    I agree with shahrul plus that is the easiest option.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    You can see free coding here, #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    shahrul
    You can see free coding here, #-Link-Snipped-#.
    This is not an english web page, how do we translate it
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    Munguti
    This is not an english web page, how do we translate it
    You just view schematic, video and download free source code. Source code is english.
    Or translated from malay #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Durgaprasadbh
    Durgaprasadbh
    Hey RH,
    Though you can generate a 1Hz frequency signal using the 32KHz crystal it will be accurate enough. This is due to the addition of propagation delays at each divider. If you don't have any critical need of accuracy then you can go for it.

-Dp

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we know BCD(binary coded decimal) numbers representation are used in computers. With the 4-bits space you can able to address 16 numbers.But in BCD number system you only addressed...
flow sheet of some chemical production processes, flow sheet for chemical processes can provided as per your requirements, which could help in your project works.
how to let terminal display the statue bar of command. like tar -xzcf file.tar.gz [++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++] i know this statue bar can see in wget
Hey guys, I have been researching online for summer work in the computing field in the USA for next summer 2011. I live in Scotland and have the organisation part...
Hey guys! So, I guess this is my first real post here, so if this has covered-- I apologize in advance. What are your guys thoughts on using Natural Language...