ZTE Open Is $90 'Firefox OS' Phone

Folks at Mozilla certainly don't want phones to break your bank. The company had said that the Firefox OS powered phones would be very cheap - and to everyone's surprise, the ZTE Open - the first FF OS phone will launch in Europe for about 69 euros (~ $90). But what's more incredible is that the phone comes with ~39 of talktime for the prepaid customers of Telefonica.

We're quite sure that India's LAVA, which is said to be developing the Firefox phone, would beat that price. We want the phone to be priced around Rs. 2000. Killer, say what you, folks? 😨

zteone

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're quite sure that India's LAVA, which is said to be developing the Firefox phone, would beat that price. We want the phone to be priced around Rs. 2000. Killer, say what you, folks? 😨
    AMG! such a beautiful OS in just $90 ? 😍
    I expect 4K bucks of Firefox phone from Lava, but if they manage to launch in around 2.5K bucks then it will be revolutionary !

Firefox FTW! Opensource FTW!
    Death to DRMs !
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Firefox FTW! Opensource FTW!
    Death to DRMs !
    WTF !
    no doubt getting something in 60 bucks is mind boggling. Also if Lava can launch something in Rs 2000-3000 range that would be a big hit.

Let Opensource.. FF go popular, why are you such a big enemy of DRM's. Don't you think those are developed by developers, don't you think those DRM's have great phones? which one you are using? a OS or DRM??

I know I am harsh this time, but at this point of time this is necessary !!!

-CB
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    FF OS is not the first time a OS revolution began

When the monopoly of Apple's i got fustrated by the Symbian they put in more and more to establish supremacy over others

I think this time the other in the ground players like Android,Ios, Windows and all have to step up all their gases to full power to establish their supremacy over this new entrants

This rat race will be like forever till ppl feel they have too many choices to pick for the same stuff they need
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : What's so beautiful about FF OS?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : What's so beautiful about FF OS?
    Not as good as Ubuntu Touch but,

- Android like UI
    - Supports ARMv6, hell yeah!
    - Easily ported to Android low-end devices.
    - App Pool increasing.
    - OpenSource.
    - Developed by the company which inspired me to jump in Opensource world.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Big potential for FF OS..

Mobile App Developer interest rank:

1. IOS
    2. Android
    3. Windows
    4. FF OS
    5. Ubuntu
    6. Tizen
    7. Blackberry

Source: Developers express enthusiasm for Firefox OS, survey shows - PC World Australia

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well CEOM is out and we can see a new wave of competitveness showering in from many CEans What is your take on this I personally feel that the posting...
Next KYCEan in the KYCEan - II series is in making. Can you make any guess who is that CEan? There are two purpose of asking this, one is we...
Hey can you guys tell me what will be the power dissipated by a diode 1N4007 if excited by a AC source of 30V peak to peak Cut in also...
some of the scientists at korean advanced institute of science and technology have created the first transparent computer chip..this chip is known as TRRAM (Transparent Resistive Random Access Memory)..it is...
In the past, Google would pick up our posts and articles within 5-10 minutes after they were created. But now, looks like either Google's upgraded their servers or has began...