Zigbee Based Project Ideas [Mega List] For Third/Final Year Students

Here is a list of project ideas based on Zigbee. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This list has been complied after referring to the project ideas that have come across the forum since last few years. If you have questions regarding these projects feel free to ask them in the replies below. You may also ask for abstract of a project idea that you have or want to work on.

• Zigbee-based alarm system for pervasive healthcare in rural areas
  • A Multimodal Platform for Database Recording and Elderly People Monitoring
  • Development of pedestrian-to-vehicle communication system prototype for pedestrian safety using both wide-area and direct communication
  • Zigbee Wireless Vehicular Identification and Authentication System Implementation of Obstacle Avoidance and ZigBee Control Functions for Omni Directional Mobile Robot
  • Forest Fire Detection System based on Zigbee Wireless Sensor Network
  • SmartWireless Temperature Data Logger Using IEEE 802.15.4/ZigBee Protocol
  • Wireless Body Area Network in a Ubiquitous Healthcare System for Physiological Signal Monitoring and Health Consulting
  • Zigbee based wireless sensor network and its application in Industrial
  • Wireless Sensor Network Patient monitoring system using sensor networks based on the Zigbee ratio
  • Wireless Access Monitoring and Control System based on Digital Door Lock
  • Patient Monitoring using GSM & Zigbee for Hospitals & Old age Homes
  • Design and Implementation ofZigBee based URC Applicable to Legacy
  • Home remote control network basedon Zigbee
  • Zigbee for building control wireless sensor networks
  • An On-line Monitoring System of Temperature of Conductors and Fittings Based on GSM SMS and Zigbee Zigbee
  • source route technology in Home application
  • A Comparative Study of Wireless Protocols Bluetooth, UWB, ZigBee, and Wi-Fi
  • The Emergence of Zigbee in building automation and Industrial Control
  • Custom wireless sensor network based on Zigbee
  • Robot Server with Zigbee Sensor Network Wireless Sensor Technologies for Automated Tracking and Monitoring of Construction Materials Utilizing
  • Design of Air pollution monitoring system using Zigbee n/w for Ubiquitous-city
  • ZigBee-Based Power Monitoring System with Direct Load Control Capabilities
  • The Implementation of indoor location system to control Zigbee Home Networks
  • WirelessSensor Network Implementation of a USN-based disaster prevention system in Korea
  • School Zone Safety SystemBased on Wireless Sensor Network
  • Application of Zigbee for Pollution Monitoring Caused by Automobile Exhaust Gases
  • Design of a Water Environment Monitoring System Based on Zigbee and GPRS
  • Development of Zigbee Mobile Router for Supporting Network Mobility in Healthcare System
  • Electric Outlets based on a Low Power Embedded Board & Zigbee communication
  • Wireless Meter Reading System based on Zigbee Technology
  • Wireless Medical Interface using ZigBee and Bluetooth Technology
  • A Software Framework for Application Development using ZigBee Protocol
  • Remote-Controllable and Energy-Saving Room Architecture based on ZigBee Communication
  • wireless network based on the combination of Zigbee and GPRS
  • ZigBee source route technology in home application
  • Zigbee Wireless SensorsNetwork based on Mod Bus Protocol
  • A Novel Medical Infusion Monitoring System Based on ZigBee
  • ZigBee Device Access Control & Reliable Data Transmission in ZigBeeBased Health Monitoring System
  • An energy saving solution Remote Power ON/OFF control & current measurement for Home
  • Wireless Healthcare Monitoring System for Home
  • An Implementation of an Underground Wireless Sensor Network using Zigbee
  • ZigBee and The UPnP Expansion for Home Network Electrical Appliance Control on the Internet
  • Technologies for Remote Data Acquisition Systems in Environmental Monitoring
  • Development of ZigBee based Street Light Control System
  • ZigBee Wireless Sensor Network in Industrial Applications
  • A wireless design of low-cost irrigation system using ZigBee technology
  • Service Platform and Social Networking Service based on Peer-to-Peer Networking
  • Wireless joystick control for human adaptive mechatronics applications: Case trolley crane
  • ZigBee-based alarm system for pervasive healthcare in rural areas
  • Application of Wireless Technology for Industrial InstrumentationDynamic Integration of Zigbee Home Networks into Home Gateways Using OSGi Service Registry
  • Remote Power ON/OFF control & current measurement for Home Electric Outlets based on a Low Power Embedded Board & Zigbee communication
  • ZigBee Device Control and Reliable Data Transmission in ZigBee Based Health Monitoring System
  • ZigBee Based Wireless Sensor networks and Its Applications in Industrial
  • Wireless Access Monitoring and Control system based on Digital Door lock
  • A ZigBee-Based Power Monitoring System with Direct Load Control Capabilities
  • System for Measuring Power Supply Parameters with ZigBee Connectivity

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are a few more -

• Protected data communication with security alert using wireless personal area network
    • ZigBee based Data Monitoring and analysis for power station
    • Development of ZigBee based street light control system using ic protocol based RTC
    • ZigBee based GAS leak detection and data monitoring system
    • ZigBee based Monitoring system using Auto-dialer
    • Hand held multi parameter monitoring system
    • Secret message communication by code / de-code over wireless and LCD display for both sender and receiver
    • An On-line Monitoring system of temperature of conductors and fittings based on web SMSand ZIGBEE
    • File transfer between data communication equipment using ZigBee Networks
    • Real time passenger information system (RTPIS) using ZigBee Technology
    • PC controlled electrical load management by ZigBee wireless
    • PC to PC Network orientation using ZigBee
    • Remote-Controllable and Climate Adaptive Energy-Saving Room Architecture based on ZigBee Communication
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    A tutorial on how a simple temperature sensor can use ZigBee to transmit data would be of a lot of Help!
  • amenashahid
    amenashahid
    Zigbee-based alarm system for pervasive healthcare in rural areas

please elaborate on this one?
  • amenashahid
    amenashahid
    AbraKaDabra
    Here are a few more -

• Protected data communication with security alert using wireless personal area network
    • ZigBee based Data Monitoring and analysis for power station
    • Development of ZigBee based street light control system using ic protocol based RTC
    • ZigBee based GAS leak detection and data monitoring system
    • ZigBee based Monitoring system using Auto-dialer
    • Hand held multi parameter monitoring system
    • Secret message communication by code / de-code over wireless and LCD display for both sender and receiver
    • An On-line Monitoring system of temperature of conductors and fittings based on web SMSand ZIGBEE
    • File transfer between data communication equipment using ZigBee Networks
    • Real time passenger information system (RTPIS) using ZigBee Technology
    • PC controlled electrical load management by ZigBee wireless
    • PC to PC Network orientation using ZigBee
    • Remote-Controllable and Climate Adaptive Energy-Saving Room Architecture based on ZigBee Communication
    Zigbee-based alarm system for pervasive healthcare in rural areas
    please elaborate this one =)
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Have you seen ZigBee kit? or have you connected with your Laptop? do you know ZigBee specifications? First Learn the basics. You may visit a hardware shop nearby. You get the idea, now you need to explore it. When you face problem in exploring it, we will guide you.

Let Google be your best friend.
  • amenashahid
    amenashahid
    google is blocked in my area :/ but i will explore it. n yes i do know a little about it sir. i just need to know what exactly does it mean by causing an alarm. also please reply to the other thread too =) the one with RFID car parking idea
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Pervasive healthcare refers to health services at anytime to anybody.
    Patient wears a sensor ( pressure monitoring ).
    Sensor is connected to microcontroler
    Microcontroler is connected to ZigBee
    Data acquired by Sensor goes to a Laptop ( Sink) through ZigBee
    Laptop runs a medical data analysis program
    Finds if there is anything alarming like high pressure,
    It sends back an alarm to patient side through zigbee.

Well I never like ZigBee based stuff for healthcare as the limit is about 100 m. People often thinks Rural people are deprived of Modern Technology! But you go to Indian villages and you would be Astonished to see number of Samsung Galaxy SIII .

So with current technology advancement, you can atmost implement the concept in a hospital. Where every room will have monitoring and through ZigBee will send the data to laptop sink of hospital.
  • amenashahid
    amenashahid
    thank you so much for your help =) i will discuss this with my supervisor.

i need project ideas which are more DSP or DIP based. so doing something with zigbee sounded pretty good

thanks again. n keep adding more ideas. they are really good and helpful
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    AbraKaDabra
    Here is a list of project ideas based on Zigbee. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects.

Here is why you should simply avoid projects on ZigBee

1. ZigBee Chip with Antenna Cost you around INR 2000
    2. You can not use the chip directly, so you need interfacing board. USB Interfacing Board in another INR 1000
    3. If you are planning to use it with Arduino, Arduino Shield in INR1600
    4. If you use standard RS 232 based INR 170 Board, than you need extra cable to convert it to USB. Prolific Serial2Usb is simple painful.
    5. The Arduino board another INR 900.

ZigBee is best at Mesh networks. So You need 3 sets of Modules. INR 12000 for project hardware?

I wrote this to discourage you from taking a Project on ZigBee. It does nothing special at your level. Yes for enterprise Mesh network it is fine. But 940Mhz Chip ( Yes not board, chip alone ) cost you INR 4000.
    All the best.
  • amenashahid
    amenashahid
    thank you so much =) i am currently looking in to the face detection based attendance system. as it is from one of my favorite areas too =) i shall put zig bee off list then
    thanks a lot for your help
  • Eng lolo
    Eng lolo
    Thank you very much on the wonderful topic but my intention work graduation project and doing vision system and control via ZigBee and using Arduino and camera all this installed on a car involved in a dangerous place such as oil wells, but until now the only thing that can be placed is a sensitive temperature what possible use of other possible sensors oil wells and also want your Excellency some sites that will help me understand ZigBee
  • thebluedipper
    thebluedipper
    Ma'am
    Vehicular identification and authentication using zigbee wireless technology. That's my project.
    If you could only help me through this with the hardware i need to go ahead with. I am still confused with which microcontroller to use. Also the programming and interfacing. Basically it is Greek to me. Tell me run 60 miles, wake up all night or play any game, fire weapons etc i am cool at it but technology is what i need to develop my skills at. I wish to make this project dearly but i have very less resources to undertake.

R avi
  • thebluedipper
    thebluedipper
    thebluedipper
    Ma'am
    Vehicular identification and authentication using zigbee wireless technology. That's my project.
    If you could only help me through this with the hardware i need to go ahead with. I am still confused with which microcontroller to use. Also the programming and interfacing. Basically it is Greek to me. Tell me run 60 miles, wake up all night or play any game, fire weapons etc i am cool at it but technology is what i need to develop my skills at. I wish to make this project dearly but i have very less resources to undertake.

R avi
    #-Link-Snipped-# , I hear it is easier using arduino board

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello, when we are using single phase transformer ,when we are designing equivalent circuit of transformer ,we will transfer all secondary to primary /primary to secondary, tht time resistance, reactanc...
I am delighted in joining this group,I'm named Tre and i am a sturding Mechatronic Engineering, m from Africa.My hobbies are hunting and swimming.The reason why i joined cazyengineers is...
Here is a list of project ideas for Information Technology or IT. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....
very simple man
Hi Folks, I have requirement in which I need to compare two word files and display comparison results in browser with differences highlighted. Word file is around 20 pages long,...