Zeus 3D Printer Is An All-In-One That Scans, Copies & Faxes

Geeks worldwide are always excited to see a 3Doodler - The 3D-Printing Tool That Makes Our Pen Mightier Than Ever, but this one will surely send them into frenzy. Zeus is a 3D printer that not only prints but can scan other 3D printed objects and make copies of them. The fax function might sound antiquated in an age where one can download 3D design files online or send them via email but its makers Jens Windau and Kai Chang, two Computer Science PhD students from University of Southern California want to make Zeus a standalone printer that can function without the help of a computer. The onboard ARM based computer can handle all the 3D printing tasks by itself but for 3D scanning data, the pictures taken by its HD camera from a swiping laser has to be sent to a cloud for further processing and finalising the 3D construction.

Zeus
Users will interact with Zeus on its 7 inch touchscreen and a full API package will also be included with the product that will help developers develop their custom applications to utilise all the sensors and motors. All the components have been made out from aluminium for strength and an auto-bed levelling feature makes sure that users do not have to calibrate the bed height manually. According to the company’s post on #-Link-Snipped-#, the printer will cost approximately around $2500 (163,594 INR). The #-Link-Snipped-# does not have any information regarding its tech specs but we hope to know more about Zeus on September 4th when it gets on #-Link-Snipped-# for public funding.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Very impressive introduction from ZEUS.One of the major advantage of Zeus 3d printer is that it can print and scan objects without the need of any external computer and ZEUS definitely has an edge over other markets who were also manufacturing 3d printers.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I am not sure if 3d printing is much need of this hour. Plus it will be costly. Speaking about the quality of the output we will get from the printer, how well can it be trusted?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Volkswagen Cross Polo has been launched in India today by the company as a new entry to the polo hatchback market for the country. Powered by the 75PS 1.2Tdi engine,...
Dear CEans, September 2013 is going to be a super-exciting month for all of you! We've two important announcements to make - Announcement I : CEoM September 2013 Has More...
I had used all the search engines and found these to be more adaptive,informative and competitive . Though Google is the present search engine giant Do you think it is...
I realize that this may be more appropriate in Chillax. However, this is a real problem and the situation depicted may well happen in real life. https://dotsub.com/view/6c5d7514-5656-476a-9504-07dd4e2f6509
We depend a lot on encryption to prevent access to sensitive data in the belief that the techniques used make it not worthwhile for hackers to get at data. New...