Zero Frequency Of dc

how can we proove that the frequency of dc is zero???

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    In Direct current, current/voltage doesn't change with time, hence frequency (f) = zero.

016_02
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Frequency = (number of changes/sec), in this case the number of times the voltage changes.
    A pure DC is constant. So number of changes = 0.
    0/secs = 0.
    However if you have a DC with a wave form such as square wave, saw tooth or even a single phase full wave rectified unfiltered DC there will be a frequency, which will be the numbers of peaks/sec.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    to experimentally verify this use a circuit having a source and capacitor in series to it

Measure the voltage across the capacitor if it varies then the source is AC but if it is stable at the input voltage it is DC supply

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ENGINEERS... I m Jigar Dhaduk from Surat. Studing Computer Engg. degree course after completing diploma.
Hello Engineers, i wants to know the Exact formula to calculate the fuel consumption of the required Torque.any formula is there to calculate?for example if the torque requested is 50Nm...
Dear All, Please tell me the calculations OR software for designing earthing pit if anyone is knowing about that. Thanking You. Regards, Anirudha
Dear All, As the basic working principle of heat pump and vapor absorption machine lies in the conversion of phase change in refrigerant and concentration of Li-Br, can we use...
hii, i am not able to get any sort of idea about my project help me with some titles along with the abstracts.i wish the project must be the most...