CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Naman Agarwal • 17 Aug, 2012
how can we proove that the frequency of dc is zero???
@Abhishek Rawal • 17 Aug, 2012 • 1 like In Direct current, current/voltage doesn't change with time, hence frequency (f) = zero.

016_02
@Ramani Aswath • 17 Aug, 2012 • 3 likes Frequency = (number of changes/sec), in this case the number of times the voltage changes.
A pure DC is constant. So number of changes = 0.
0/secs = 0.
However if you have a DC with a wave form such as square wave, saw tooth or even a single phase full wave rectified unfiltered DC there will be a frequency, which will be the numbers of peaks/sec.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 14 Oct, 2012 to experimentally verify this use a circuit having a source and capacitor in series to it

Measure the voltage across the capacitor if it varies then the source is AC but if it is stable at the input voltage it is DC supply

Related Posts

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Aug 7, 2012

As you might be aware that Google is putting new Doodles everyday based on various Olympics sports. Just yesterday, users noticed it had the landing of Curiosity Rover hidden in...

@Akhilesh Garud · Jul 15, 2014

Micromax has silently released their first hexa-core processor powered smartphone - Canvas HD plus today. This smartphone is available in black-gold and white-gold colors on online retail store - Infibeam...

@Avijit Swami · Jul 29, 2015

My self Avijit Mondal ,a student of E.E. 7th sem from Asansol Engineering College.Now I am going to share my internship story with CrazyEngineers.com When I was at my 6th...

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Feb 3, 2015

Acer India debuted their new creation Acer One 10 (S1001) as an Amazon India exclusive recently. This Windows 8.1 device works as a standalone tablet and when paired with its...

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 17, 2015

IIT BHU students have developed an innovative alcohol sensing helmet equipped with breath analyser. The helmet connects with the electrical system of your bike and if it senses that you're...