CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Naman Agarwal • 17 Aug, 2012
how can we proove that the frequency of dc is zero???
@Abhishek Rawal • 17 Aug, 2012 • 1 like In Direct current, current/voltage doesn't change with time, hence frequency (f) = zero.

016_02
@Ramani Aswath • 17 Aug, 2012 • 3 likes Frequency = (number of changes/sec), in this case the number of times the voltage changes.
A pure DC is constant. So number of changes = 0.
0/secs = 0.
However if you have a DC with a wave form such as square wave, saw tooth or even a single phase full wave rectified unfiltered DC there will be a frequency, which will be the numbers of peaks/sec.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 14 Oct, 2012 to experimentally verify this use a circuit having a source and capacitor in series to it

Measure the voltage across the capacitor if it varies then the source is AC but if it is stable at the input voltage it is DC supply
3.9k views

Related Posts

@Alok mishra · Feb 13, 2014

I am going to join CDAC at the end of this month and as i have never been to pune , i ask CEans to suggest me how and where...
1.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 17, 2013

A large number of engineers apply for the GATE (Full Form: Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering) exam for the M.Tech studies every year. The big fight is for getting admission...
55.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 1, 2013

A new kind of Internet that are not dependent upon servers or URLs for browsing and sharing content is possible, according to computer researchers from University of Cambridge. They seem...
2.2k views

@David A Russell · Jun 5, 2009

Companies often tie rewards such as bonuses and merit increment to a person’s rating in a performance appraisal. From an employee’s perspective, it’s thus about highlighting as much achievements as...
76k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 27, 2016

Idea cellular is sending texts announcing the launch of 4G services and I'm willing to give them a try (before the big daddy Reliance Jionet sets its foot). The latest...
62.7k views