CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Naman Agarwal • 17 Aug, 2012
how can we proove that the frequency of dc is zero???
@Abhishek Rawal • 17 Aug, 2012 • 1 like In Direct current, current/voltage doesn't change with time, hence frequency (f) = zero.

016_02
@Ramani Aswath • 17 Aug, 2012 • 3 likes Frequency = (number of changes/sec), in this case the number of times the voltage changes.
A pure DC is constant. So number of changes = 0.
0/secs = 0.
However if you have a DC with a wave form such as square wave, saw tooth or even a single phase full wave rectified unfiltered DC there will be a frequency, which will be the numbers of peaks/sec.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 14 Oct, 2012 to experimentally verify this use a circuit having a source and capacitor in series to it

Measure the voltage across the capacitor if it varies then the source is AC but if it is stable at the input voltage it is DC supply
3.5k views

Related Posts

@Sourabh Sandal · Mar 16, 2015

Project Abstract / Summary : Project Summary: -We use solar energy in many ways. All day, we use sunlight to see what we‰Ûªre doing and where we‰Ûªre going. Solar energy...
1.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 24, 2013

I had to take my Galaxy Note to the servicing center for the third time today. Reason? The dust accumulated on the Proximity Sensor caused the dim red light to...
2.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 6, 2011

Find out the number that should be place inside this circle:
13.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 8, 2013

Engineers at the Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras were super busy for about a decade to bring your 2 BHK dreams to reality. The new construction method developed by IIT-M...
38.5k views

@N.Gowtham Raj · May 14, 2011

Help me out to study .... Which is the Best book to study Basics of Mechanical Engineering
1.5k views