From the Archives
Archived discussions on CrazyEngineers

@Naman Agarwal • 17 Aug, 2012
how can we proove that the frequency of dc is zero???
@Abhishek Rawal • 17 Aug, 2012 • 1 like In Direct current, current/voltage doesn't change with time, hence frequency (f) = zero.

016_02
@Ramani Aswath • 17 Aug, 2012 • 3 likes Frequency = (number of changes/sec), in this case the number of times the voltage changes.
A pure DC is constant. So number of changes = 0.
0/secs = 0.
However if you have a DC with a wave form such as square wave, saw tooth or even a single phase full wave rectified unfiltered DC there will be a frequency, which will be the numbers of peaks/sec.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 14 Oct, 2012 to experimentally verify this use a circuit having a source and capacitor in series to it

Measure the voltage across the capacitor if it varies then the source is AC but if it is stable at the input voltage it is DC supply

Related Posts

Archives

@rohit330 · Jan 20, 2010

hi all, Does anyone have experience in solving 6 variable K map? I tried in a software. But, although i was able to input 6 variable data, still not getting...
Archives

@NAVATHE SACHIN · Mar 10, 2015

What is the basic difference between production engineering and manufacturing engineering ?
Archives

@Sreejith T · Aug 19, 2012

Could u buddies plz tell me what is the difference between functional programming language and logic programming language ???
Archives

@mujju433 · Oct 1, 2008

I heard that servomotor uses an encoder? Whats the function of encoder in servomotor?? I am working on one of the machine which is used for tabbering and stringing of...
Archives

@Nivedita Gautam · May 19, 2014

I m b.tech computer science student. I am about to complete my 3rd year. I am supposed to do 45 days summer internship. I want to do it in java...