CrazyEngineers
  • Hi am using one transformerless power supply in which capacitor reractance is used to decrease the mains voltage and zener(10 volt 2 watt) as regualator its about10 volt and load is of 50mA.
    But the problem is that some times zener fails what could be the reason ?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • balaseven

MemberJul 9, 2008

Hi kuku,

Make sure that u have reverse biased the ZENER diode.Moreover,your expected regulated output should be same as zener diodes reverse breakdown voltage or zener voltage.For example, If your expected regulated output is 10V,you should select diode which has zener voltage as 10.
    Hope this helps u.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • kuku

MemberJul 9, 2008

Hi BibB,
    Thank for that.
    But everything is ok.Then also it fails.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberJul 10, 2008

why dont ya use high-ampere diode say HV135 or simply increse the capacitor load
    Cancel
  • balaseven

MemberJul 10, 2008

Kuku,

whats your input voltage,is it 230V AC?
    i think,you r trying to get the step down transformers's funtion without using transformer,isn't it?if you dont mind,post your circuit,i will analyze and try to tel the reason.
    Cancel
  • kuku

MemberJul 10, 2008

hi Sourav,
    Thanks for reply. Actually i think its not taking so much power with calculation its hardly reaching 1W.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberJul 14, 2008

hey if u need DC supply then use a bridge rectifier as it devides the load between the diode,if u wanna regulate the AC voltage then diode is not suggested but why u aint using a transformer???...its the best way to regulate AC...
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register