YouTube : An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Later. How To Fix?

Since last ~2 days, YouTube's constantly showing "An error occurred. Please try again later. Read More" message on any video that I try to access on YouTube. Allow me to explain the setup because I strongly think it's dependent on it:- My Modem Connects To Router which creates a Wi-Fi hot-spot. I use a Range Extender to extend the range of the network. My laptop and phone use this extended network to connect to the Internet. Now following are the observations I've made so far.
  1. Any device connected to the extended network show the above error message - I tried using Laptop and also my phone.
  2. I thought that the problem would be with the range extender; but it appears that even on the network of the main router, YouTube does not work (same error message appears).
  3. Surprisingly, though - YouTube works fine on the Desktop that connects to the network of the main router and I can watch videos.
I'm totally unable to figure out what's exactly wrong. I first thought it was some issue with the cookie settings, flash software or javascript; but then found that my Android phone too exhibits the same problem. I've searched almost entire Internet but there's no solution to the issue.

Update: I checked from another android and it offered more surprises. m.youtube.com does not show videos but they play fine on the YouTube App. I'm now wondering if there's anything I need to fix or it's a service issue from YouTube itself. I remember I did not install anything on my phone or laptop that might have caused the issue.

Would really appreciate if anyone can suggest a fix for this problem.

Replies

• Rajat Motwani
    Rajat Motwani
    BSNL?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajat Motwani
    BSNL?
    Yes, BSNL connection.
  • Rajat Motwani
    Rajat Motwani
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, BSNL connection.
    Try Changing your DNS, Use Google Public DNS, will solve your issue, worked for me!
    its: 8.8.8.8
    and 8.8.4.4
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajat Motwani
    Try Changing your DNS, Use Google Public DNS, will solve your issue, worked for me!
    its: 8.8.8.8
    and 8.8.4.4
    Thanks. I was using Google DNS for quite a long time and then it had issues. I had to switch to default BSNL DNS because that was the only 'fix' offered by the BSNL technicians. Just set my DNS back to Google and will check how it works out. Thanks a lot for your help, #-Link-Snipped-# !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At some point of time, most of us would have done education with traditional learning methodology, i.e. class room coaching. In older time parents used to think that, their wards...
What would be the maximum possible efficiency of an electric motor??? And what would be the efficiency difference in a series and shunt motor?
Hii all, I am doing my post graduation in Signal Processing. I am searching for the project in Image Processing. I want to do it with LabView as the tool....
India's Railway Minister, Sadananda Gowda will present India's Railway Budget tomorrow in the parliament and is likely to introduce a new railway track safety mechanism, called 'Trackside X-Ray System'. There...
Scientists digging deep inside the human brain may have found a switch that can literally make you fall asleep. It might take us a step forward in solving the mystery...