Youth Parliament-MIT Pune

MIT Pune and Bharat Asmita foundation has organized a Youth conference at MIT Pune. It is organized for making young people aware of Democracy. Check this out-

#-Link-Snipped-#

Register here. If anyone is participating please comment in this thread.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Article date: Wednesday, Jan 12, 2011, 12:22 IST ๐Ÿ˜จ.

What are the aims & purpose of the Youth Parliament? The whole initiative looks interesting though. I've heard that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is attending the event as a guest. Does anyone know the detail?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# this is the website. But I can find nowhere how to register?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# this is the website. But I can find nowhere how to register?
    Maybe they don't want people to register. It could just be an open event where people can choose to be a part of the audience. I just found the 'mission' statement on their official site. Interesting -
    mission_final

The idea is good; but I'm 100% sure that it will result into no action. Remember the Times Of India campaign that aimed to choose the 'leader' for tomorrow? No progress. Call me a skeptic, but these programs are good for nothing. Everyone knows everything already. The need of the hour is to put thoughts into action.

I'd go back to working on something that I think will help the country in some way in future.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I agree. But there is no harm in sending a CD as long as they don't call for a DD.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    I agree. But there is no harm in sending a CD as long as they don't call for a DD.
    I just wrote what I felt. Of course those who want to attend will attend. There's no harm in attending the event ๐Ÿ˜’, just that it'd be too optimistic to expect a 'change' out of it. Oh by the way, the people who'll be called the 'change makers' are already busy their own thing. It's just a matter of time before the world starts recognizing their contribution.

Is there anyone who's planning to attend the event? If yes, do share some more information about the event.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Looks like I won't be abe to attend. The deadline for registration was Wednesday 12 noon. I was thinking that today is Wednesday ๐Ÿ˜” It is already Thursday!!

May be that's why there is no link of registration on the website any longer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Looks like I won't be abe to attend. The deadline for registration was Wednesday 12 noon. I was thinking that today is Wednesday ๐Ÿ˜” It is already Thursday!!

May be that's why there is no link of registration on the website any longer.
    You can go back to work and be a world changer.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa! Just went through the list of speakers attending! ๐Ÿ‘

It includes everyone from Arnab Goswami to Dalai Lama, Ajit Pawar to Shashi Tharoor and the likes of Kiran Mazumdar Shaw & Mr. Sam Pitroda! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

It would be great if someone who is attending can keep us posted about what exactly goes on inside the event.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    You can go back to work and be a world changer.
    yep. Its easier I guess ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello mam, I am a final year chemical engg student. Just wanted to know how cad designing would be beneficial as i wanted to go for designing, since i am...
i have following error while open ms office application. help me please.... There is no not enough memory or disk space to run word.
Google set benchmark for other email service providers by including Gtalk chat feature in Gmail several years ago. It took long time for other popular service providers like Yahoo to...
A king wants his daughter to marry the smartest of 3 extremely intelligent young princes, and so the king's wise men devised an intelligence test. The princes are gathered into...
One day three Greek philosophers settled under the shade of an olive tree, opened a bottle of Retsina, and began a lengthy discussion of the Fundamental Ontological Question: Why does...