Your Favorite Novel

Do you love novels? Please share your favorite novel πŸ˜€

I'm also planning to buy a new novel so need some suggestions. There are so many novels, which one to choose. I like graphics novels, romantic, general life.

Replies

• prashpan
    prashpan
    I can give you a few suggestions for graphic novels.
    Alan Moore(watchmen,From Hell, V for Vendetta) and Frank Miller(Sin City,300) along with Neil Gaiman (Sandman) are exceptional foreign authors.
    For Indian authors you can try "JUMP"(If you are starting out,I would really recommend this) and "Ravanayan" and novels by Sarnath Banerjee
    FLIPKART will cater to all your needs.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Do read 'A museum of Innocence' by Orhan Pamuk. Highly recommended.
    And if you love travelling and meeting new people- 'The Geography Of Bliss' {The name got me hooked on to it}

'Amul's India' will do for your graphic needs! πŸ˜€
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Ahh Orhan Pahmuk, another author that is on my wishlist.

Just Completed
    Dongri To Dubai: Six Decades of The Mumbai Mafia​
    S. Hussain Zaidi​

A complete history about Mumbai Mafia. A very Good Read..​
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The Alchemist and Eleven Minutes
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The seven habbits of highly effecti9ve people by Stephan Covey
    First Break all the rules by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman

Both are awesome books and if you want to succeed in life and want to be a perfectionist in management, these are the one you should definitely read.

-CB
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    So many novels πŸ˜€

I've seen that students read "Revolution 2020", "Three mistakes of my life" etc by chetan bhagat. What's good in those novels?
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    *pushkar*
    So many novels πŸ˜€

I've seen that students read "Revolution 2020", "Three mistakes of my life" etc by chetan bhagat. What's good in those novels?
    nothings good in those novels except maybe they can be made into movies in the future. Chetan Bhagat should seriously stop writing novels and start writing screenplays for films. he would be a very good screenplay writer, his writing style is more like that.
  • gkabc
    gkabc
    try "the secret" by rhonda byrne. . and do read novels by author paulo ceolho. .
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    *pushkar*
    So many novels πŸ˜€

Nothing more than have to time pass, typical Bollywood movie script and in last you will say WT....

I liked 2 States: The Story of My Marriage very good novel, superb humor and well told story.
    Paulo Ceolho is all time favorite of mine.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    If you want a series, try "A song of ice and fire" by George R.R. Martin. That guy is God of fiction. There are 7 books in his series, 5 of them are out till now. Highly recommended....πŸ˜€
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Great guys, thanks πŸ˜€

How are these novels :

1) The kite runner by khaled hosseini
    2) shantaram by gregory david roberts
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Kite runner is awesome.....its a little deep but i think the story is quite good. Go for it. Havent read Shantaram....πŸ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The first novel that I've read is the one that I've written - Yet to be developed and published though. However, I've read 3 mistakes of my life, meanwhile.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The Sorrows Of Satan (1895) by Marie Corelli.
    I mut have read it sixty years back.It was my first novel. (Odd to call something read sixty years back as novel)
    Shows how the sins of man keeps the fallen Angel Devil forever in Hell.
    I still read it. The copy I have is itself probably 80 years old.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Reading Atlas Shrugged, one chapter at a time. It is too much to take-in in one day. Half way across the book. Can't say it is my favorite novel, but this one is going to be etched in my memory forever.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Mr.Don
    The first novel that I've read is the one that I've written - Yet to be developed and published though. However, I've read 3 mistakes of my life, meanwhile.
    Thats Amazing that you write novels.πŸ‘ would like to read it, if you want an opinion.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    AbraKaDabra
    Reading Atlas Shrugged, one chapter at a time. It is too much to take-in in one day. Half way across the book. Can't say it is my favorite novel, but this one is going to be etched in my memory forever.

Read Atlas Shrugged. #-Link-Snipped-# : Any more updates on the book?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    English-Scared
    Read Atlas Shrugged. #-Link-Snipped-# : Any more updates on the book?
    A lot is going to come. Just wait for me to finish it. πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    yep, lets discuss it in banglore πŸ˜€
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    my favourite graphic novels:

The adventures of tintin by HERGE

other novels:

Bloodline by sidney sheldon.
    godfather by mario puzo.
    salem's lot by stephen king
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Just Finished Reading "The Taj Conpiracy" by Manreet Sodhi Someshwar
    The book is well researched and keeps you hooked untill the final pages , a good way to spend a sunday.
    Have we found a new indian thriller writer that we have been waiting for??
    By the way the author is an engineer and IIM-C alumnus. 😎
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    * writing novels --- appreciable*
    *getting into iimc --- appreciable*
    But I somehow dislike the idea of a IITMC graduate writing novels.why waste a iimc seat what a well desereved candidate just missed and then end up wirting romantic and triller novels. these things go over my head.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    durga
    * writing novels --- appreciable*
    *getting into iimc --- appreciable*
    But I somehow dislike the idea of a IITMC graduate writing novels.why waste a iimc seat what a well desereved candidate just missed and then end up wirting romantic and triller novels. these things go over my head.
    I'm sure she didn't know she would be writing a novel later in her life, when she was doing her MBA. Besides, there is no specific course, as far as I'm aware, that trains you specifically to write novels.. People always start something with an aim in mind, and then later go on and do something else. That's natural.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ Just read about that author. It seems she worked for 10 years in consulting, marketing etc.. and then quit her corporate career to become a full time writer. Now, that does at least some justice to the time she spent at IIM-C, doesn't it?
  • Ekta Sharma
    Ekta Sharma
    I suggest don't limit yourself to those genres. Try exploring new genres.
    Try "Murder on the Orient Express" or "Murder Of Roger Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie.
    "A Study in Scarlet", A la Sherlock Holmes story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
    They are crime fictions and really good.
    Read "The Adventure of the Christmas pudding" again by Agatha Christie, if you love Christmas and want to immerse yourself in old world charms of proper white Christmas by the English.
    If you still want to sail on tested waters i.e want something in the romance genre, try "Little Women" "Good Wives" "Little Men" "Jo's Boys" by Louisa May Alcott. Don't get misguided by the titles. Its not limited to a certain gender.
    This books show and elaborate lives of 4 main characters who romance life and life itself romances them back, in its own way. Nice and engaging.
    Also try "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

πŸ˜€
    Happy Reading
  • Ekta Sharma
    Ekta Sharma
    I suggest don't limit yourself to those genres. Try exploring new genres.
    Try "Murder on the Orient Express" or "Murder Of Roger Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie.
    "A Study in Scarlet", A la Sherlock Holmes story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
    They are crime fictions and really good.
    Read "The Adventure of the Christmas pudding" again by Agatha Christie, if you love Christmas and want to immerse yourself in old world charms of proper white Christmas by the English.
    If you still want to sail on tested waters i.e want something in the romance genre, try "Little Women" "Good Wives" "Little Men" "Jo's Boys" by Louisa May Alcott. Don't get misguided by the titles. Its not limited to a certain gender.
    This books show and elaborate lives of 4 main characters who romance life and life itself romances them back, in its own way. Nice and engaging.
    Also try "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

πŸ˜€
    Happy Reading
  • Ekta Sharma
    Ekta Sharma
    Oops!!
    Same post twice😁
  • Mangesh Khapre
    Mangesh Khapre
    Have you read "Five people you meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ CALL FOR PAPERS AND PARTICIPATION​ International Symposium on Standards in Engineering and Technology (ISSET 2012) ​ ​ Organized By​ Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Delhi Technological University...
One of the CEans wrote to me - Sir, I have completed my 3rd year of mechanical engineering and final year will be starting from august. Companies will start visiting...
Most of us are obsessed with taking the 'right decision' at the right time. I've often wondered whether there anything like 'right decision'? After some thought, I found out that...
Just follow following steps : Create any new folder or you can use any existing folder that is to be hidden. Rename the folder to any name but with the...
At the top of your Facebook profile, you'll see the five most recent pictures containing a picture of you. You can use this section of your profile to make a...