Your current robotics project

CEans,

If you/your team are/is currently working on a robotics project, please do share some information about it with us. If you are facing any problems, do post them in this section.

Replies

• limestone7000
    limestone7000
    hey guys,
    me with my proj. teammates r doin' a proj on "Automatic Iron"

basically the idea is, when we switch on the iron machine, it should automatically iron the whole shirt, or whatever the cloth is,

Any suggestions/ideas/techniques??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    you mean the iron moves by itself over the shirt and iron it?? Other wise hehe! you can flank the piece of cloth by two iron boards on either side and bring them to press the cloth from either sides! that would end up in a pressed shirt in no time
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That was a great suggestion Durga. But don't you think that there should also be some mechanism to straighten the piece of cloth? or one would have to manually do it.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm,, hang it 😛 then the number of crumble would be less right? and then, listen to this , make two flanks as electromagnets 😛 of opposite poles -when current passes they come close to each other and flank the piece of cloth what ever shape it might be in and then reverse the direction of current to make them into same poles - they loose their magnetism and go apart, in that way we can easily hand the iron flanks!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Don't you still need to move the shirt to expose the un-ironed parts? I guess you'll need to modify the ironing board itself too.

Unless, this whole process takes place in some special type of device?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yes, i was thinking of a huge broads, not the conventional board .
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hmm.. what about the spaces in between buttons?

Maybe we can implement a 3 axis rig.. 😉
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    *buttons crack and crush*
    you sure go an extra mile in thinking 😛
    but don't you think that again needs a control mechanism to recognise the shape of garment?? to align motions?
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    How abt this, we don't iron the middle part of the shirt [the column of buttons]!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. i want to learn robotics as i luv this subject. plz will u help me by telling me from where to start as i m beginer? thanx
I'm getting following error when I visit YouTube: Http/1.1 Service Unavailable Is it just me or you all are getting the same error message? 😲
In a manual cycle rickshaw, out of two rear wheels, only one is attached to the rear axle while the other one is kept free (it is free to rotate...
CEans, Those who are getting pathetic download speeds with their 2.4 MBPS ZTE Device, follow these instructions: Click on Start -> In the search box, type “command prompt” On the...
When I run the command prompt in Administrator mode, and execute netsh interface tcp show global, it shows me various settings. I couldn't find much information about what exactly does...