Your Computer is infected !!!

Hi friends
Im using Windows XP 32 bit with Mcafee 2009 antivirus with latest DAT files and latest microsoft patches.

For the past one week, im getting a pop up in the task bar saying that :

"Your Computer is Infected"
Here is the screenshot attached
[​IMG]

And im not using any kind of spywares of Adwares etc

I already checked that my system is updated with latest MS pathces with latest Mcafee Virus defination files and i've run a full system scan
Still the error persists

Can someone help me how to get rid of this

Thanks in Advance
BALU

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Generally, you should have software dedicated for each of those threats, thus the McAfee is not sufficient for spyware and malware detection.

Try using free sofware like SuperAntiSpyware for spyware and Malwarebytes for malware detection. Don't worry, it wont conflict with each other since they are trying to detect different things.
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    dude, go to #-Link-Snipped-# and download any anti-spyware software. then run it.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    dude listen leave Mcafee download Bit-defender and use it is the best
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    Thanks for ur replies, i have uninstalled Mcafee and installed EST Nod 32, it has detected that a virus was lying in my root partition

Anyhow the problem is solved now, admins please close this thread
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    balumankala
    Thanks for ur replies, i have uninstalled Mcafee and installed EST Nod 32, it has detected that a virus was lying in my root partition

Anyhow the problem is solved now, admins please close this thread

NOD 32 is best antivirus as rated no. 1 by CEans......so keep using it.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends m newbie to this site and here's look at some of my information NAME: Paritosh ahuja ENGINEERING TRADE: Electronics And Communications LOCATION: Jalandhar,Punjab,India HOBBIES: playing cricket, reading physics...
friends can u help me out by giving some idea to make a project that involves levitation.😎
Hi, I am interested in developing or buying (if readily available) a hardware that would play music at certain pre-fixed time slots - each time from a diffrent muisc file...
hi crazy engineers This thread is just for the sake to get updated with the newest technologies(like cryogenics, nanotechnologies etc. etc.) that are being developed in any field. You just...
Hai Engineers, can anyone send me ..........HOW SPIN OF ELECTRONS during flow will change the properties of materials? and what are the properties that change while spin changes?