You think Indian Constitution needs to be updated?

I had been thinking of this for a long time now. Does anyone here share my view of making some necessary changes in the constitution of our country to make India a better and safer place to inhabit?

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    Re: You think Constitution needs to be updated?

To start with, one change that I feel should be there is to introduce a two-party system. I know its a huge change which will take long time and great efforts but I hope this will reduce the competition in politics and hence, will reduce corruption and our politicians will focus on the country rather than just being concerned for their positions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I say 'aye'! Reserving this space for a detailed post! ๐Ÿ˜
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well it will be one of points,I think the goverment should only control Defence,Welfare and Finances of the country rest everything should be de-politicised,secondly,private participation in the administration should be encouraged and third,Goverment should act tough on its employess and poeple completely dependent on govt so that they dont take their job for granted!!!!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    In this respect, there's a lot to learn from America. I'd say my suggestions are:

1. As already mentioned, a two party system is must.
    2. All people must be involved in the election of higher authorities too. It must not be
    like we select the leaders for our areas alone and they select the CM or the PM.
    3. There must be a limit for maximum number of times a person can contest in the
    election and the maximum times he can hold an authority.
    4. I think an important reason for the downfall in the US economy is the extreme
    amount of financial deregulation carried out by the republicans. So, I feel, everything
    must be regulated and controlled by the government, instead of more privatization.

I know that these are extremely difficult to bring about. These are just my wishes, which I believe would help our country for the better..
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well india used to practise that there were days when govt used to sell breads too,whne india adopted open economy we started to boom,however,we should take positives from US and other countries as well including Pakistan viz. Ouster of Musharaf.
  • Differential
    Differential
    There is a clause in constitution which allows to make a change in itself. And from time to time changes are made by goverment.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah,Supreme court once thretend to do that I think time is right SC should implement it and teach a lesson to those in power who takes things for granted

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I am basically into development, but wanna move to testing, wat are the courses that will help me with it. I am in Bangalore, can anybody suggest me...
Finally! Maharashtra's CM has resigned and his resignation has been accepted. I'm wondering if he's a victim of politics over the Mumbai terrorist attack. That said, politics in India has...
I'm stuck with this problem! I can't figure out how to start. Can some one give me a guideline or tell me from which book this problem is?? I'm not...
Getting up early in the morning is a universal issue - I know. I want to know what's your normal wake-up time in the morning. Mine is 5:20 a.m.
i have a toshiba lapop and all the dvd players that it came with suck! the quality is horrible and the frame size is small and the bigger i set...