You should think about our culture.

What do you think ?
The worldwide reach of TV is reducing cultural differences or not.
😁😁

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Not just the television, I think the advent and growth of internet has made people more broad-minded than before.

Every guy and gal knows that there are millions of other people out there who are just like them, but just with a different cultural background.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Buddy no one actually in this world actually follows their culture because culture just defines us our way to live without troubling others what we see as culture how people prefer to live without their culture and term it as culture which is just a personal life style.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    I don think so... It depends on people how they take this as... By watching TV and taking inspiration one can become SAINA... there are many advantages if you see
  • Leo
    Leo
    Buddy i am talking about people terming personal lifestyle as culture.

Culture defines our way to live, treat others by virtue of your caste or religion, for example in Hindu tradition every boy should touch feet of his parents after bath is culture. How many Hindu boys follow this. Answer is very few that is what a lifestyle is about.

Now what Indian people do, they think drinking wine and beer is part of western culture that is again wrong, they drink and smoke just because atmosphere there is cold, this is part of personal lifestyle, because not all of them drink or smoke. Anyhow this is not a cultural part, just a personal lifestyle of some people.

And what you are talking is not culture nor lifestyle, is personal way of distinguished learning. Please be clear about topic before you post.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    buddy i think you are not clear about perception.. tell me why everyone hindhu has to touch legs of pals only after bath? its nothin but they are giving respect right? whatever respect i have for my parents i know.. whats the need in expressing it?
    you are talkin about drinking and all... if you research over IMA, then you wil get asuggestion from everyone that wine is helpful for cleaning your stomach,if taken once a month.. everything done in limit is acceptable buddy..
    still now every kid do touch feeet of their parents(not necessary everytime after bath)... the culture has gone no where.. its still there...!
  • Leo
    Leo
    I don't think so giving respect by touching legs is mandatory according to Hindu tradition, if you don't do that means you disobeyed your cultural value. Everyone knows that respecting elders is part of good behaviour but when your religion makes it compulsory to show by touching legs that means you have to(after all culture just teaches you to live according to your religion). Culture lives apart from moral values and behaviour, so don't mix it. Just except, absolutely no one follows their culture completely.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    I don think so touching legs is compulsory in hindu.. if You have that much respect to parents its not that you show it through touching legs..No where in book its return that it is compulsory... we still have cultural ethics..
  • Leo
    Leo
    Buddy i think you haven't read Mahabharata. In it Lord Krishna explicitly mentions that every boy child who will touch feet of his parents everyday receives all divinity as a devotee even though he never prays before God, this is true just because not every person on earth can get special blessings from God but as their child everyone should get right to achieve God's love, so God gave his power of love and affection to each and every parent so that nobody should remain untouched by God's love and affection. So the child who shows respect and devotion to his parents in same way as we show to God, God will take care the child remains untouched by all evils. This lord Krishna explains this to her mother when he was to leave to kill Kansch and her mother gets worried, lord Krishna tells her since he worshipped his parents since his childhood no evil on whole Universe can bring any trouble to him.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    buddy I think you hav not read mahabharata!!!Yes i accept that Lord Krishna explicitly mentions that every boy child who will touch feet of his parents everyday receives all divinity as a devotee even though he never prays before God. But there is never mentioned that it is compulsory.. You have to do it... Else you wont succeed and all!
  • Leo
    Leo
    I think there is no point in discussing matter of touching legs here, and specially with you because you haven't read any of Hindu religious books properly, you are just boasting what you see on television. Read it first and not only one version, try to take a look on every language version and read specially those which are even recommended by Archaeological Survey of India, because they even clear those points which you are never told. You will get shocked when they reveal secrets. I know just because my friend works in that Indian Archaeology Department. Before you read, i don't think this matter is just good to discuss with a person who don't know anything.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Lets please keep this thread on topic about the effects of TV on culture. Thanks!
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    @leo.. its you who started about speakin of touching the feet... my friend you first read these religious books and then later tell me...I have also cleared the mahabarata exam at karnataka..so i know...Its your friend working in Archaeological Survey of India.. not you... first tell which topic you are greater invovled? touching the feet?Archaeological things?tv?
    One point you made correct see.. there is no use of disscussing the things with the unknown..exactly correct... no use of simply disscussing things with person who does not know these things.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    first check out what the topic is.. its "The worldwide reach of TV is reducing cultural differences or not."
    its not about touching the feet and Archaeological things.....
  • gohm
    gohm
    I've closed this thread since it was not staying on topic & getting personal.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Supposing one decides to walk around the earth on the equator, the top of the person's head would describe a circle whose circumference would be longer than the circle described...
Hey i am a relative novice on augmented reality. Can anyone please help me out with project ideas in augmented reality. Its really urgent!
If a memory capacity is 16*4 then what is it's capacity in kb.
Hello friend's Any one have idea about what is site feeds and what is RSS feeds ?
I am a 3rd year Mechanical engg student and i have decided to prepare for GATE this year. I want to have some guidance in this direction. Waiting for you...